Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I really shoulda thought this through (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=219372)

Low Limit Loser 09-23-2006 08:22 PM

I really shoulda thought this through

Villain raised every hand he played. hes been in for 2 orbits and playing about a 1/3 of his hands outside the blinds.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

<font color="red"> I'm making a play and plan to follow through with a bet on the turn but then.....</font>

Turn: (4.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

bennyhana 09-23-2006 08:26 PM

Re: I really shoulda thought this through

dude. either check/raise the turn or the river. If he's a true lag you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Smurph64 09-23-2006 08:27 PM

Afraid of the flush I take it. With this guy and going H/U I want to take the lead and raise preflop.

After that everything else makes sense, But as played. I would check raise the turn. bet/call the river (once against this guy as its a fold against anyone else)

Low Limit Loser 09-23-2006 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Afraid of the flush I take it. With this guy and going H/U I want to take the lead and raise preflop.

After that everything else makes sense, But as played. I would check raise the turn. bet/call the river (once against this guy as its a fold against anyone else)

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought villain maybe actually had a hand like AJ, AQ, or AK

lzfsb3 09-23-2006 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought villain maybe actually had a hand like AJ, AQ, or AK

[/ QUOTE ]

If Villian did have AJ, AQ, or AK and the Ace didn't come up on the river he would have beat you anyway so I'm not understanding why the Ace would have deterred you from your original plan?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

kleinstadt1 09-23-2006 09:13 PM

Your read is a little too malleable. First you say:

"Villain raised every hand he played."

Assumption here is that you think he's a LAG.

But then you say "I thought he might have AK AQ or AJ".

So when you get the card you want, you change your read out of fear. It's important to stick with your read until you have actual information to the contrary. An ace coming on the turn is not information. Seeing his cards is.

I think this is the typical monsters-under-the-bed mentality.

ncboiler 09-23-2006 09:57 PM

Raise PF.

Bet flop.

Bet turn. Don't worry about the flush draw unless he tells you he has a flush draw. If re-raised call down.

Bet river.

Yes I think you played this too passively. By your own discription villian could be raising PF with a wide range and you are ahead of a good portion of this range. You slow down on the turn because of the flush board but remember villian has a wide range here and the flop board offers a lot over over cards to call your check raise.