Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Examples of why your dad is/was awesome (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556508)

RoundGuy 11-28-2007 03:49 PM

Re: Examples of why your dad is/was awesome

My dad and his brothers allowed their sons to buy into the family business for $25,000. When I sold my shares 7 years later I received $350,000+.

Sweet.

MC Chris 11-28-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4) He made a habit of procuring horribly profane and offensive bumper stickers. Then, for kicks, he would randomly stick them on unsuspecting people's cars in the parking lot where he worked at the mental health center.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow haha i thought he was alright until this part.

XXXNoahXXX 11-28-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
4) He made a habit of procuring horribly profane and offensive bumper stickers. Then, for kicks, he would randomly stick them on unsuspecting people's cars in the parking lot where he worked at the mental health center.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow haha i thought he was Borat until this part.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

LeapFrog 11-28-2007 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3) Dad hits a deer on the highway. The deer falls into some liberal, animal-loving dude's yard. The guy comes out of his house, freaking out about the poor, injured deer. My dad thinks quickly and tells the guy "I'm a medical doctor. I know an excellent vet that I'm going to take this animal to right away. Help me load him in my van - if we hurry we can probably save his life." Dad drives home, deer dies, he slaughters it in the garage and we eat on that thing for a year. It was delicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is classic.

Lazy Meatball 11-28-2007 04:03 PM

My father was on the cover of some bowling magazne in the 70's for being part of the team that designed the first automated digital scoreboard (the clicky clacky kind, not LED's) for some national bowling tournament in Florida. He's also got a cool mustache.

VoraciousReader 11-28-2007 04:04 PM

When I was 6 years old I wanted more than anything in the world to be an Indian Princess. This meant that every Thursday night for a year, my dad sat down on the floor with me and made jewelry with a bunch of other little girls and their long-suffering fathers. He even helped chaperone our camping trip. I painted his face, stuck feathers in his hair, and by and large made him look completely ridiculous, and insisted on being called Pocahontas. He endured it all.

JMP300z 11-28-2007 04:07 PM

Good thread idea.

My dad said he was thankful for antidepressants this year at thanksgiving and glanced at my grandma.

My dad ran down the escalator at the atlanta airport and tried to stop the doors do not rebound train and got crushed pretty bad even though we were not in any rush.

Actually, that second one is really out of character for him but pretty funny.

My dad cried when I was accepted to dental school and again when I was accepted into an endodontic residency...hes an endodontist.

-JP

Dids 11-28-2007 04:07 PM

Quote from my dad

"If a little bit makes you feel good, think about how much better a lot more will make you feel"

JMa 11-28-2007 04:09 PM

my dad was the strongest dad in the whole world

XXXNoahXXX 11-28-2007 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote from my dad

"If a little bit makes you feel good, think about how much better a lot more will make you feel"

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm......yeah.