Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Tough spot HU with TT in big pot 1,6k deep 6max (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555152)

Randal Graves 11-26-2007 09:37 PM

Tough spot HU with TT in big pot 1,6k deep 6max

NL $1000 6max online, me and villian sit with about 1,6k effective.
I caught some good cards since the start of the session about 20 minutes until this hand, so I had raised and reraised quite a bit preflop (but am generally also quite loose). I have position on this guy and reraised him twice preflop in the last 10 hands alone and he folded both times.

So I get dealt T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB and it gets folded around to villian who is the SB.
He raises to $30 and I reraise to $105.
After a few seconds he raises another $255.

At this moment I am not sure what I can put him on. He really might have JJ-AA, but he was also getting pissed about me reraising him and playing back at him all the time.
I took down a lot of smaller pots earlier in this session without showdown and have 30/20/2.2 stats. But this was the first big pot (preflop) I was involved in, in this session.

Was was definately not gonna fold, so I called to see a flop and take things from there.

Potsize: $720
Flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian bets $545, I have about 1,3k left. <font color="blue">Hero ???</font>

beyonder 11-26-2007 10:30 PM

Re: Tough spot HU with TT in big pot 1,6k deep 6max

Well this is now a matter of your entire stack and i am not sure about going all the way with one pair of tens is the right way here.

He is now leading with all over pairs, 77, 99, Kx and has a good hand with something like AQs or combo (assuming he would reraise with such hands cuz he had enough).

He might be bluffing cuz he had enough, yes. But I would let him take this one here on this spot rather than risking my entire stack to find out.

And I would actually fold preflop vs this guy at this time, cuz probably he is reraising pre with at least two overcards and probably will shoot most flops, and since i dont really have implied or real odds to make my set, I feel i wouldnt really know where i am at with any flop but a flop with a ten, when he shoots, so i fold pre and give him the 100 bucks.

ChipRick 11-27-2007 12:08 AM

just let him have it, all you beat is a bluff and hes not folding to a shove by you...

RiverHebrew2 11-27-2007 12:10 AM

I'd just fold- I'd say preflop is okay for set value to cc the 4bet (with these stacks), or see a safe flop and play it cautiously. Now I'd say ez fold.