Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Aggravating Steal Situation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500588)

ChipsAhoya 09-13-2007 09:12 PM

Aggravating Steal Situation

SO this has happened to me like 3-4 times now. WTF am I supposed to do now??

Some people fold, I steal complete w/ like 3Q5. A 6 or 7 raises me, and then the bring in K calls two cold?????

I don't want to 3-bet like I had a hand because it will get capped and I have a Q, but how ridiculous is just calling getting 6 to 1 because there is sooo much money in the pot now...?

-ChipsAhoya

Sevenfold 09-13-2007 11:43 PM

Re: Aggravating Steal Situation

You can't three bet becuase you have no hand.

You can't call because you have no hand.

So, let's see, that leaves....

So put it this way, you walk up to a table in a home game with 5 or 6 small bets in the pot. Dealer peels off top three cards (friendly game) and says you can play for 1 bet if you like. You look at (3Q)5. Do you play?

blumpkin 09-13-2007 11:53 PM

where is this game??? the K is out of his mind

Praxising 09-14-2007 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SO this has happened to me like 3-4 times now. WTF am I supposed to do now??

Some people fold, I steal complete w/ like 3Q5. A 6 or 7 raises me, and then the bring in K calls two cold?????

-ChipsAhoya

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get some of this high-level reasoning, but let me try this. Call. Is this some sort of sin, or what? The mid-guy has some sort of hand that can go south in a second, you have the K right now. You aren't going to fold because you don't want to raise, are you?

Call. Try calling with A23 sometimes.

Hey, what do I know, tho,' right?

electrical 09-14-2007 12:38 AM

Unless the King is leaving the game, just fold. He'll certainly be in another hand with you where you aren't drawing to a Queen.

RustyBrooks 09-14-2007 12:43 AM

Half the time you're going to have to fold when you brick and the remaining times either the K is going to get a nice card or the low card is, or both, and you're going to be drawing 2 cards to get a winning hand. Probably you won't be able to take it down if you hit nice and they both brick.

So the problem with just calling here is that you're committing yourself to 3 more sb bets most of the time at least, and throwing away 1sb the rest of the time.

I think you'll almost always regret calling, and only momentarily regret folding.

2461Badugi 09-14-2007 01:27 AM

Fold.

The problem here has very little to do with you and very much to do with your opponents and the size of the pot. Stealing was a good idea, but now you're in a three-handed raised pot, and part of what that means is that you have virtually zero folding equity. The only way your opponents will give up on their hands before the river is if they brick both fourth and fifth. That doesn't happen often enough to make it worth playing on as a bluff, and you don't have enough hand to play on for value, assuming the 6 or 7 has standards.

Fold, and revel when you get reraised light next time you have a real hand.

adanthar 09-14-2007 02:06 AM

wow are you people serious

beat them all into the pot

Andy B 09-14-2007 02:19 AM

Yeah, I think this is a call. Without the King in there (teehee!), it's a fold.

Andy B 09-14-2007 02:21 AM

Now that I've thought about it some more, if you had a real hand, you'd be jamming with that King in there, right? If you just call, are people going to be able to readily put you on what you have and play accordingly? That might steer this towards a fold.