Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Poker Stars Instant EChecks (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308694)

ScottyW04 01-18-2007 01:16 AM

Poker Stars Instant EChecks

Has anyone tried this system and if so can you give me some feedback please. Thanks.

Rubin 01-18-2007 01:28 AM

Re: Poker Stars Instant EChecks

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone tried this system and if so can you give me some feedback please. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

HSB 01-18-2007 01:29 AM

My wife used them and they worked fine.

Oberonn 01-18-2007 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it available for US players? If so, I might try it just to check it out.

Edit: I just looked over the eChecks information on the Stars site and it looks like Stars has actually set up their own processing company like the old Party IGM Pay.

eChecks are processed by "Pstar Payments" as a midddleman. Deposits and withdrawals both are supported. I think this will be my new method of choice for Stars.

SharkTank43 01-18-2007 02:05 AM

How do these e-checks work?

BGnight 01-18-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, how? And for U.S. players?

Oberonn 01-18-2007 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, how? And for U.S. players?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, for US players and Canadian players. Go to the Stars web site and click on the eCheck option and it explains in detail, much better than I could pass the information on to you here. No fees at all. Hell, this looks better than Neteller was as far as Stars options.

Annorax 01-18-2007 02:27 AM

It works. I did it for $100 a couple hours ago as a test and it works.

Now all I can hope for is a method of cashout other than reversing Neteller deposits...

kyleb 01-18-2007 02:27 AM

They didn't work for me with my WaMu account.

BGnight 01-18-2007 02:30 AM

echecks is "temporarily unavailable" at Stars right now. I just checked.

Oberonn 01-18-2007 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Now all I can hope for is a method of cashout other than reversing Neteller deposits...

[/ QUOTE ]
On the stars web site it said you could withdraw via eCheck direct to your checking account once you have done at least one deposit. At least that was my interpretation.

bigeasy59 01-18-2007 04:19 AM

MY friend has been using this for some time now he has made both deposits and witdrawls he has been telling me to switch for weeks now guess I will be forced to now but it sounds like a good way to go

GoAheadRiverMe 01-18-2007 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It works for me with my WaMu account.

[/ QUOTE ]

kyleb 01-18-2007 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf rigged

frostbrn 01-18-2007 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Works fine for me also with my WaMu checking account. Sorry KyleB, I don't know why you are having problems.

Semtex 01-18-2007 07:27 AM

I never understood why anyone would use Neteller when eChecks were available. Not only do their deposits not take a week and a half to be processed (like instacash), but cashouts are much quicker since there is no middleman.

kyleb 01-18-2007 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Works fine for me also with my WaMu checking account. Sorry KyleB, I don't know why you are having problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man this sucks >:[

edit: I USED TO WORK THERE DAMNIT GET MY ECHECKS UP

AlmightyJay 01-18-2007 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never understood why anyone would use Neteller when eChecks were available. Not only do their deposits not take a week and a half to be processed (like instacash), but cashouts are much quicker since there is no middleman.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Neteller transactions always went through instantly.

Semtex 01-18-2007 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My Neteller transactions always went through instantly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well the deposits did go through instantly...but since they took a week and a half to process on Neteller's end...you couldn't cash out for at least that long. Sometimes I would deposit and then needed the cash for some emergency, and I couldn't get access to the money for that time period. It was a royal pain in the ass.

thebeebster 01-18-2007 09:10 AM

more important question, how fast are withdrawls?

Semtex 01-18-2007 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
more important question, how fast are withdrawls?

[/ QUOTE ]
quicker than or as quick as neteller. Funds are in my bank account within a couple days usually

punkass 01-18-2007 10:33 AM

Been using echecks for a while now. Deposits take 3-7 days to hit your checking account. Withdrawals haven't taken more than 2 days for me.

If you are just starting to use echeck, I believe they put a limit on your amount, like $100. You can do this a couple times though. After they clear, I believe they bump up your limit.

asb165 01-18-2007 10:36 AM

If I have deposited using Neteller, can I withdraw using echecks?

Or do I first have to make a deposit using echecks?

And then, am I going to be able to withdraw the whole amount, or just the amount deposited via echecks?

FU DOJ

Ryendal 01-18-2007 10:36 AM

sorry with my noob questions but.
E-check is only for US ?

And, when you withdraw, is it obvious for the bank , that you play poker ?

Isn't it possible to keep anonymous ?

punkass 01-18-2007 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I have deposited using Neteller, can I withdraw using echecks?

Or do I first have to make a deposit using echecks?

And then, am I going to be able to withdraw the whole amount, or just the amount deposited via echecks?

FU DOJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I used neteller years ago (I'm in MD, couldn't use it), then used firepay until they bailed. Then I used echecks. After my initial deposit, I was able to use echeck for withdrawal for any amount. I even emailed support to ask just to make sure they wouldn't send it to my old neteller/firepay, and they said echeck will be an option for any withdrawal.

punkass 01-18-2007 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry with my noob questions but.
E-check is only for US ?

And, when you withdraw, is it obvious for the bank , that you play poker ?

Isn't it possible to keep anonymous ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the US, so I don't know if echeck is available outside of US.

When money leaves or comes into your bank account, it will show as "Pstarpayments 8888664442". It's pretty obvious if you're evading taxes or whatever.

sanmarcosrun1 01-18-2007 10:51 AM

Anyone heard from Stars yet as to what they will do for withdrawls now with neteller being out? I sent email havent had response yet will post if hear anything. crossing my fingers all options become available to withdrawl with.

Hopey 01-18-2007 11:20 AM

E-checks is the only payment method I have used on Stars. Have never had a problem with it.

sanmarcosrun1 01-18-2007 11:22 AM

Stars Faq on neteller now up. link and email response

Hello xxxxxx,

Thank you for your email.

Due to recent events, effective immediately, NETeller is no longer
processing transactions for U.S. players. As a result, you will no
longer be able to use your NETeller account to deposit or cashout on
PokerStars.

Players from the US and Canada please note, you are welcome to use our
ePassporte option to deposit funds into your PokerStars account.
ePassporte
is a Virtual Visa account that can be used online to
transfer funds to PokerStars as well as any other site that accepts
ePassporte transactions.

We also accept Western Union transfers for most States and most
Countries. These can be processed in as little as 1 hour. Please check
our Cashier window, click the Buy Chips button, select Western Union
and request instructions at anytime.

In addition, we accept Visa and Mastercard.

For cashing out, we offer a variety of cashout methods such as regular
cheques, CentralCoin, and ePassporte.

We have prepared a list of other frequently asked questions for
NETeller related issues and posted on our web site at:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/real.../neteller/faq/

We apologize for any inconvenience, as this is a decision taken by
NETeller and as such, beyond our control. Please remember that your
funds remain safe at PokerStars. All player funds are kept in a
segregated account in a major European bank, and are accessible to you
at any time.

Regards,

Sandy
PokerStars Support Team

Hopey 01-18-2007 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
E-checks is the only payment method I have used on Stars. Have never had a problem with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I should mention that I'm Canadian, and (last I checked) am still able to deposit using e-checks.

mwgr5 01-18-2007 12:09 PM

It would seem like using e-checks would be an easier method for the fish to deposit money. Setting up a Neteller is not the easiest thing to do and takes quite a while. Although the credit card depsoit method is probably easiest for the average joe. Is that option still open for US players, because last time I attempted to deposit by credit card at Stars I was unable to.

KSOT 01-18-2007 12:10 PM

Man, they really need to allow more deposit methods.

Hopey 01-18-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, they really need to allow more deposit methods.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure they're coming. There's too much money at stake for them to not try to do something.

Annorax 01-18-2007 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I retract this statement... it was apparently denied after the fact. There's no way in Hell it could've been sent to my bank already, let alone denied.

Beware, if you deposited through eChecks, you may now have a bunch of rubber on your hands. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Wahoo73 01-19-2007 01:18 AM

This is no longer available to U.S. players. From the PokerStars FAQ web page:

U.S. Players FAQs

Below are some questions and answers that concern recent changes with PokerStars' deposit and cashout options. These changes affect only players in the United States. Players in all other countries can continue to use their regular deposit and cashout options as usual.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instant eCheck FAQs
What are the changes with eChecks?

Due to recent events, Pstar Payments (the processor for eCheck transactions) is no longer processing transactions for U.S. players. This means that you will no longer be able to use the Instant eCheck option at PokerStars.

Can I still deposit using Instant eChecks?

Unfortunately, no. Pstar Payments, which is the processor for eCheck transactions, is no longer processing any deposits for PokerStars' U.S. players.

Can I still cash out to Instant eCheck?

This option is no longer available. Pstar Payments is not accepting any eCheck cashout requests from U.S. players' PokerStars accounts.

eCheck is still a cashout option on the Cash Out screen. Can I still use it?

If you do select eCheck as your cashout option, your funds will be placed in a pending queue at PokerStars. Your funds won't be sent to your bank account though and your cashout will be cancelled. Please choose another cashout method instead of eCheck.

What happens if I have already cashed out of PokerStars to eCheck?

If your cashout was automatically processed when you made your cashout request, and you made your request before January 17th, it's likely that you will receive your funds credited to your bank account shortly.

If your cashout was made on January 17-18, then there is a chance that your funds will not be successfully credited to your bank account. In this case, you will receieve the funds credited back to your PokerStars account shortly. We will email you once your account has been credited to update you. You will then be able to cash out again via another method.

When I cash out, the screen says that my funds will be sent to eCheck. What do I do?

Even though the screen says that your funds will be sent to your bank account via eCheck, your cashout will not be successful. Please do not complete your cashout request. Instead, please email us at security@pokerstars.com and request that we block your bank account used with the eCheck method at PokerStars.

metsandfinsfan 01-19-2007 03:58 AM

wtf

DeuceSeven 01-19-2007 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

sailorman 08-15-2007 05:13 PM

It looks like this option is available again. Has anyone used it recently on Stars?

douchebag69 08-15-2007 05:23 PM

is it really?

mockingboy 08-15-2007 05:46 PM

Only certain players have current access to e-check. It is a trial period with long time customers of P-stars. I originally had a 10k/20k/50k limit, now its down to 2k/3k/10k for day, week, month