Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   bellagio shakeup (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387862)

sublime 04-25-2007 05:10 AM

bellagio shakeup

so like four floor guys we fired over the past 2 weeks. at least three of them worked the pivotal swing shift and one of them (boba) was the best floor guy i had ever seen.

logic dictates it had to do with greasing, but i am wondering if anybody had heard anything concrete about this.

Photoc 04-25-2007 05:25 AM

Re: bellagio shakeup

[ QUOTE ]
so like four floor guys we fired over the past 2 weeks. at least three of them worked the pivotal swing shift and one of them (boba) was the best floor guy i had ever seen.

logic dictates it had to do with some floors having the holier than though attitude towards lower limit players, but i am wondering if anybody had heard anything concrete about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

pokerswami 04-25-2007 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

logic dictates it had to do with greasing, but i am wondering if anybody had heard anything concrete about this.

[/ QUOTE ]
see this post from *TT*:
*TT*'s post
It's from this thread:
thread

sublime 04-25-2007 08:54 AM

sweet so they are making a 'nice' poker room that will be a circus.

i am super pissed. boba is my nikka.

sublime 04-25-2007 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

logic dictates it had to do with some floors having the holier than though attitude towards lower limit players, but i am wondering if anybody had heard anything concrete about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

photoc, what do you mean with the FYP?

*TT* 04-25-2007 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sweet so they are making a 'nice' poker room that will be a circus.

i am super pissed. boba is my nikka.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boba was still there on Monday at 6:30, he was gone by 8pm and replaced with David. Since the other 3 floor guys were let go a few days earlier I was hoping Boba would survive and just went home early. Nobody talked about Boba that evening, it didn't even cross my mind.

Interesting side plot... Boba sits me at my table, and I (as always) give him a red bird. He looks down at my hand and actually hesitates. He looks at me oddly as if to say why are you giving this to me, and then accepts the tip. Thats standard operating procedure for me, I always tip him regardless of the wait for a table (and he barely ever remembers me because i don't play at the B often enough). Too bad, Bobba had the most personality of the floor crew, I hope they dont bring over the Mirage staff!

As related to this story - I hear Suzie is back. The plot thickens...

*TT* 04-25-2007 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your FYP is wrong, its commonly what you hear from the local nitty types who won't play at the Bellagio because of xxxxxxxxxxx (insert convenient gripe here). There are lots of legitimate reasons to avoid the Bellagio, thats not one of them.

Don Olney 04-25-2007 09:57 AM

This type of shake up should also happen in a few other strip rooms. I can think of at least two to three floor staff in each of the big three rooms that need to be shown the door.

Also, keep tuned to the "B", a few other changes are on the way and may SURPRISE the heck out of 99% of you.

hint---- think mohegan sun (sp)

psandman 04-25-2007 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your FYP is wrong, its commonly what you hear from the local nitty types who won't play at the Bellagio because of xxxxxxxxxxx (insert convenient gripe here). There are lots of legitimate reasons to avoid the Bellagio, thats not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If its being a nit to complain that when you walk in and ask to play $4-$8 or $8-$16 they talk to you like you are a complete bother to them. I understand you play a bit higher and they may treat you better, but the fact of the matter is there are too many places I can play poker for me to go to the B and be treated like I am an inconvenience to them.

KenProspero 04-25-2007 10:05 AM

I guess this is nice to hear. I play low limit and always had the feeling that they really didn't care about my business. Not a gripe, really, I just found different places to stay and play (most recently MGM/Signature).

I suppose I'll give the room a try again.