Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Announcing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558290)

VoraciousReader 11-30-2007 09:56 PM

Announcing

a game.

A regular game. Of werewolf. There will be some wolves. There will be some villagers. There will be a seer.

I'd like 9/3/1 for a 13er. Days will run from 4 pm to 11 pm Eastern.

This would start Tuesday December 4th. I promise to mod this and not shove it off on chuckleslovakian.

Anyone?

DustinG 11-30-2007 09:58 PM

Re: Announcing

ja

DustinG 11-30-2007 09:59 PM

not super pleased with the length of days

there may be days im not able to post at all

out i guess [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

VoraciousReader 11-30-2007 10:03 PM

I'm negotiable on the length of days, but if we have standard length days, I need a comod for daytime counts, because I can keep track of most things from work but I can't count()if. So I could open the thread at 9, but then y'all are pretty much on your own until about 5 pm countwise. If that's ok, no reason it can't be a full day game.

chim17 11-30-2007 10:05 PM

Oh man those days are perfect.

If I wasn't gonna be in Cancun I would join for sure.

DustinG 11-30-2007 10:05 PM

cool. I'm always able to post in the morning

in!

fmxda 11-30-2007 10:09 PM

In

OrangeRake 11-30-2007 10:09 PM

in!

Our House 11-30-2007 10:16 PM

I might be in (depends on what happens between now and Monday).

Can I let you know?

lastchance 11-30-2007 10:28 PM

man. push it back a week.

mogwai316 11-30-2007 10:33 PM

If it's a noob-friendly game, I'd like to give it a try. I'm familiar with the rules but have never played before. I've read the sticked threads and I also lurked the recent Pilgrim/Indian game and followed the thread the whole time it was running. If you would prefer more experienced players, it's no prob though.

LuckayLuck 11-30-2007 10:33 PM

in yo

chim17 11-30-2007 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it's a noob-friendly game, I'd like to give it a try. I'm familiar with the rules but have never played before. I've read the sticked threads and I also lurked the recent Pilgrim/Indian game and followed the thread the whole time it was running. If you would prefer more experienced players, it's no prob though.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're all newb friendly.

soah 11-30-2007 10:34 PM

in

Our House 11-30-2007 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
...and the 'veterans' tend to play worse than the newbs. I'm not BSing.

chim17 11-30-2007 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
...and the 'veterans' tend to play worse than the newbs. I'm not BSing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh,

Once you get past the first gunshyness and before you get to the super power WW player stage you are pretty much in the optimal ww mindset.

Swiitch 11-30-2007 11:14 PM

in

antidan444 11-30-2007 11:15 PM

I know what chim's getting at, and it has some merit, but really it's a case-by-case basis. I know a few long-time players who are really good who haven't morphed into FPS Syndrome.

antidan444 11-30-2007 11:15 PM

Out BTW 4-11 p.m. is a horrible hour set for me.

I've debated if I'd ever be able to get a reverse-time game going, where like noon to midnight is night and midnight to noon is day. That would rule for me.

chim17 11-30-2007 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know what chim's getting at, and it has some merit, but really it's a case-by-case basis. I know a few long-time players who are really good who haven't morphed into FPS Syndrome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, most are very good.

Even the FPS type are generally good when they don't decide to make the game their personal playground.

Also, FPS Sydrome is redundant [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

VoraciousReader 11-30-2007 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This game is especially newb friendly because it is "vanilla". There on't be a lot of roles that you've never heard of to keep track of.

One thing about POG, though, new players are always welcome in pretty much any game, unless someone runs a "special invitation" or "all-star" game.

antidan444 11-30-2007 11:22 PM

Oh [censored] it is isn't it.

I'm usually the guy railing against stupid [censored] like that, too.

Our House 11-30-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Out BTW 4-11 p.m. is a horrible hour set for me.

I've debated if I'd ever be able to get a reverse-time game going, where like noon to midnight is night and midnight to noon is day. That would rule for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that would work...<font color="white"> make sure there are 17 wolves and 4 villagers</font> in your game.

antidan444 11-30-2007 11:24 PM

Yeah, and usually we don't lynch newbes day one, either. We're nice.

Now, after that, we might lynch you day one the next 10 times, especially if your name is "Dustin" ...

chim17 11-30-2007 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and usually we don't lynch newbes day one, either. We're nice.

Now, after that, we might lynch you day one the next 10 times, especially if your name is "Durron" ...

[/ QUOTE ]

mogwai316 12-01-2007 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This game is especially newb friendly because it is "vanilla". There on't be a lot of roles that you've never heard of to keep track of.

One thing about POG, though, new players are always welcome in pretty much any game, unless someone runs a "special invitation" or "all-star" game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good, thanks for all the responses. Definitely sign me up then!

Is it bad if I'm already worried that my posts sound wolfy? :P

chim17 12-01-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good, thanks for all the responses. Definitely sign me up then!

Is it bad if I'm already worried that my posts sound wolfy? :P

[/ QUOTE ]

You DO already sound wolfy!

CPFB 12-01-2007 12:47 AM

Welcome to POG mogwai!

Don't get intimidated by anybody. You might want to make Herbie your first vote though (if he's in the game). He likes those pesky Bulldogs for some reason. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

CPFB 12-01-2007 12:47 AM

BTW, I'm not in. I'm gonna be busy hosting my game.

antidan444 12-01-2007 12:51 AM

Mog,

Don't listen to CPFB when he tells you herbie is a good d1 lynch candidate. He's full of [censored].

And don't listen to mets tell you he himself is a bad d1 lynch candidate. He's also full of [censored].

On the other hand, any time you're in a game with me ... well ... I'm not a bad lynch candidate (sigh).

CPFB 12-01-2007 12:52 AM

Dan,

I was just saying that Herbie's a Bulldog and mog's a Jacket.

That's all I was sayin'. BTW, I'm always a good lynch as I'm a liability to whichever team draws me.

antidan444 12-01-2007 12:53 AM

Yeah I missed the college sports reference. Because I'm a moran.

antidan444 12-01-2007 12:54 AM

Oh, and never lynch Jenn. She's good entertainment, as long as you remember to never, ever, ever ... ever, ever, ever, EVER ... take her seriously.

(Waits for the Jenn outburst.)

CPFB 12-01-2007 12:54 AM

Is there anything besides college sports?

btw, ou sucks

antidan444 12-01-2007 12:55 AM

OU's gonna win, though.

I'm really pulling for Pitt, but I don't think I'm good enough to get that wish.

CPFB 12-01-2007 12:59 AM

ou's gonna suck. That's what they're gonna do.

No way Pitt wins.

I like West Virginia to win the whole thing now. Regardless of their opponent (since they won't play LSU or Florida or USC).

CPFB 12-01-2007 01:11 AM

/thread hijack

more signing up for ww

antidan444 12-01-2007 01:12 AM

I'd take OSU over WVU. OSU defense FTW IMO.

WVU/Missou would be fun.

traz 12-01-2007 01:12 AM

As an aside, Kyro is now starting a newbie bodyguard service at $75 a post.

Alternatively he offers coaching on how to become the bully-er instead of the bully-ee. Rates start at $600/hr, as he is the best in the business. It is not widely known but rumor has it he coached JennFox into the fiesty warrior she is today.

PM him for more information.

traz 12-01-2007 01:18 AM

and no that's not an in you trapping bastards