Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   E3!!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=107691)

Emmitt2222 05-08-2006 01:14 PM

E3!!!

This forum isn't big on video games, but I figure there must be a few other people out there who can share my joy that the time for E3 has finally come. This event will be huge with massive unveiling coming from Sony and Nintendo about their new consoles. Sony's press conference is in about 3 hours and both Nintendo and Microsoft have theirs tomorrow.

Games to watch for:
Halo 3 [will it exist]
Madden Wii [how will you control it]
MGS4 and Killzone [will they actually look that good in action]

This will be awesome.

thirddan 05-08-2006 01:22 PM

Re: E3!!!

ill be there, and i know that jgorham will be there sometime during the week...ill be there on friday...

chaseUdown 05-08-2006 01:33 PM

Bungie has a 2 minute Halo 3 trailer. Enjoy!

Emmitt2222 05-08-2006 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bungie has a 2 minute Halo 3 trailer. Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Links are essential in this thread.

stabn 05-08-2006 01:46 PM

XBL marketplace has a bunch of e3 vids you can download. ~12 or so names currently i think but no huge name games so far.

DrSavage 05-08-2006 01:52 PM

Sony presentation is actually at 7 edt/4 pdt

shant 05-10-2006 05:31 PM

I just bought an XBox360 today so I have been all over this coverage.

Saint's Row looks pretty sick and so does the John Woo game.

Also, they announced GTA4 will be a simultaneous release on both PS3 and the 360, so I liked that. But then they said it wouldn't be out until October 2007.

Also, for the soccer fans, I hear Pro Evo 6 will be a 360 game soon.

Full Metal 05-10-2006 05:35 PM

I'm pretty excited about the Nintendo Wii and it's game. Does anyone else share my curiosity? Everyone only seems interested in the PS3 and Xbox360. Metroid 3, Mario Galaxy and the new Zelda are games to look for and they all look amazing! Well there was only a few seconds to be seen of Mario Galaxy and that was enough to get me hard.

DeezNuts 05-10-2006 05:38 PM

I am psyched to see what the Wii is like. The way Nintendo describes its approach to the gaming world(trying to turn non-gamers into gamers by introducing more grab-and-play games) is exciting to me. The whole reason I stopped playing video games is they became way too complex.

I just want to be able to grab a controller, turn on a game I have never played before, and play with friends without constantly having to ask "how do I xxxx?". Gamecube is the only system that has consistently good titles for this.

DN

Senor Cardgage 05-10-2006 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty excited about the Nintendo Wii and it's game. Does anyone else share my curiosity? Everyone only seems interested in the PS3 and Xbox360. Metroid 3, Mario Galaxy and the new Zelda are games to look for and they all look amazing! Well there was only a few seconds to be seen of Mario Galaxy and that was enough to get me hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen a four-minute clip of Mario Galaxy from the show floor, looked damn cool (sorry, don't have the link). The Wii is really looking to surpass my previous expectations. I'm very impressed.

Microsoft's also had a good conference so far. I don't have a 360 so I haven't played any of their demos, but what I've seen is making me want one. I'll probably end up buying a Wii and a 360.

Sony's conference has blown.