Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

SlowRoll 11-18-2007 11:53 AM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

If i wasn't so retarded i would like to post my last 18K hands at NL100. 10pttbb+/100 imo.

How do i post a pic?

thing85 11-18-2007 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't want to blur the lines between micro nl and small stakes nl.
I see it as each level you go up, the average experience, of the regulars, at the table rises. So starting at 2nl or 5nl. The regulars, who are building roles, is low. People play bad.
10nl has more regs, play is still bad but much more regulars, who have more experience than 5nl.
25nl will have alot more regs, alot more experience at the tables, but regular players will still have lots of flaw.
Tables at 50nl will have a high proportion of regulars, mistakes become more costly, ABC play begins to bring your winrate down.

What is 100nl like on a scale like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

TAG ABC play at 50NL is very profitable. Don't confuse ABC with completely transparent (although they are not mutually exclusive). You need to mix it up every once in awhile, but you can still win with a pretty standard ABC strategy.

At 100NL, the only big difference is that you have more regs who are more aggressive. You need to know your opponent better to know what will work; otherwise, you will be destroyed by aggression. Against some regs, blind steals never seem to work. You will be 3bet and 4bet more often.

IMO, the best thing you can do assuming you hold your ABC game constant is table select better. If you can get position on 1 or 2 bad players, it doesn't matter a whole lot what limit you're at (assuming you have an adequate bankroll). The biggest problem people have when they move up is that they try to play differently. You do need to adjust, but it's not as big an adjustment as people think. If you're a nitty TAG at 50NL, you shouldn't have to become a super LAG at 100NL.

I normally play 8 or 9 tables at 50NL, but now that I moved up to 100NL, I'm limiting myself to 4-6 tables. I think it's really important to cut down at least for your first 10k hands, so that you allow yourself to make the minor adjustments. IMO, it's pretty tough to make minor adjustments when you're playing so many tables. The reason many of us are successful multitablers is because we have the experience to make so many moves and reads intuitively and efficiently. You may think you still have this when you move up, and while you do for the most part, you lack some intuition with respect to the minor differences between limits. Over time, that compounds and costs you money. So, yeah, play less tables when you move up, at first.

Now I've kind of rambled for awhile so I'll stop...

monkover 11-18-2007 12:23 PM

thing really good post imo. the only point i donīt agree on with you is that limiting the number of tables imo is no a good idea. I did that every time i tried to move up to 200nl and i started doing fancy stuff and consequently lost money. last time i tried to move up to 200nl (this weekend) is just continued 8 tableing played my solid TAG game and beat the games at imo a very good rate.

fozzy71 11-18-2007 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If i wasn't so retarded i would like to post my last 18K hands at NL100. 10pttbb+/100 imo.

How do i post a pic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Upload pic to PhotoBucket or Imageshack. Copy the Direct Link. Post a new reply here - click the [Image] Instant UBB Code button, paste in direct link, click OK, and preview/post.

Mr_Pathetic 11-18-2007 12:37 PM

anytime i play more then four i am just an autopiloting nitbox. can't build reads except for hudstats, can't see what ppl are showing down all the time, and in general just cant think through all the actions like i should. imo paying close attention to your opponents is worth a lot more then playing a lot of tables. if you find yourself playing four tables and getting fancy it is b/c you are never trying to make good reads when playing a ton of tables but just going through the motions. Sure playing less tables makes you get fancy but it makes you learn a lot more too and learning more has to be more +EV longterm then playing a ton of tables.

Edit: all you FTP NL50 regs I will be seeing you later!

Wilpro 11-18-2007 12:40 PM

I got a little tool from the imageshack website. Whatever frame i have selected, i can press Alt-U and it copies a url to my 'clipboard'. Pretty nice and really fast for posting pics.

monkover 11-18-2007 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anytime i play more then four i am just an autopiloting nitbox. can't build reads except for hudstats, can't see what ppl are showing down all the time, and in general just cant think through all the actions like i should. imo paying close attention to your opponents is worth a lot more then playing a lot of tables. if you find yourself playing four tables and getting fancy it is b/c you are never trying to make good reads when playing a ton of tables but just going through the motions. Sure playing less tables makes you get fancy but it makes you learn a lot more too and learning more has to be more +EV longterm then playing a ton of tables.

Edit: all you FTP NL50 regs I will be seeing you later!

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry but i couldnīt agree less with you here. imo the problem at unl/ssnl is that you donīt have to have any reads except the stats to play paerfectly against a villain. you def lose some ev but itīs negelgible compared to the benifit of playing 2 as many tables (slightly lower winrate/2 as much rb)

thing85 11-18-2007 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thing really good post imo. the only point i donīt agree on with you is that limiting the number of tables imo is no a good idea. I did that every time i tried to move up to 200nl and i started doing fancy stuff and consequently lost money. last time i tried to move up to 200nl (this weekend) is just continued 8 tableing played my solid TAG game and beat the games at imo a very good rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you're right if you assume people get too fancy when they play less tables. If you need more tables to force you to play nitty/TAG, then that may work for you. My point was that you can't really focus on the nuances of the new limit if you're just focused on folding and playing the same nitty way you played at your previous limit. I'm not saying you won't be a winner - you probably will be. However, you're become much more vulnerable to aggression because you haven't taken the time to adjust your play. You'll probably fold to most 3bets, and not 4bet in spots where it's warranted. You also don't get as good of reads, so when someone is constantly 2-barreling you with air and you're folding turns that you should be raising, you're missing value. I'm not saying you should stay at a low # of tables. Maybe you only need 5k hands to adjust instead of 10k. I just think you need some amount of adjustment time where you really focus and think about your every move before getting back to playing more of an autopilot style.

hennnerz 11-18-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bah that $100 turbo sat to FTOPS main event starts at 7:30, not 8:30 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
time for bed then, have to be up in 6 hours

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo, I am in that too. Why are you playing it if the ME is already in your 3 mtts for the day!?

GL bro, hit me up on MSN later.

fozzy71 11-18-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got a little tool from the imageshack website. Whatever frame i have selected, i can press Alt-U and it copies a url to my 'clipboard'. Pretty nice and really fast for posting pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the Flock Web Browser (Mozilla based), which has a built in Media Bar at the top, and a Web Clipboard on the side. The Mediabar logs me into Photobucket, and has a built in mass photo uploader. I can then right click and copy the different links from the thumbnails displayed. The Web Clipboard can be used to drag/drop text/images from any web page for use later.

http://www.flock.com/

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...sc/flock-7.jpg