Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   SSNL - December Goals ? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558250)

Mjafish 11-30-2007 08:45 PM

SSNL - December Goals ?

Did you achieve your November goals? - how? if you did not, what happened?

I failed miserably at my goals. Life tilt, then had to move down instead of up.

What are your December goals?

Stop sucking at poker and life. Way to go, huh?

KLJ 11-30-2007 08:52 PM

Re: SSNL - December Goals ?

$10k at 200nl

get self prepared for an extended shot at 400nl in 1/08

Vavavoom 11-30-2007 08:55 PM

November sucked for me....toooo swingy !

Anyway...

December..

I wanna do 30-35k hands...
I would like to make some decent money...
Carry on coaching with my 2 coaches...
Start my mentoring with Jay.
Get laid a couple of times in December..had a good year so far....Home straight now !!

Have a quality xmas

And 2p2 Uk'ers Meet-Up on 14 Dec @ Gutshot

Vava

AZDezertRat 11-30-2007 09:05 PM

$20k hands for first time at 200nl ($250 prop bet anyone?)

Goal is to loosen up a little and run about 19/16 instead of 15/11

Ran 5ptbb/100 in Nov at 12k hands... hoping for 4.5/ in December with the new looser style may take some getting used to

nazahl 11-30-2007 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$10k at 200nl

[/ QUOTE ]

same.

nazahl 11-30-2007 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
15/11

[/ QUOTE ]

you what

sh58 11-30-2007 09:18 PM

as i have nothing else to do til i shoot off to thailand in jan (if i get myself organised) i may as well play alot of hands. i only 4 table, but really my usual 30k a month is only part time work really, so this month i want to play at least 40k hands at 1-2NL.

bubaloo 11-30-2007 09:24 PM

ship it.

steel108 11-30-2007 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$10k at 200nl

[/ QUOTE ]

same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are people so concerned with stats? Play the style you are most comfortable with and don't force anything.

My goal is 30k hands before the 24th... LEAVING FOR A MONTH LONG JOURNEY IN EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nazahl 11-30-2007 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LEAVING FOR A MONTH LONG JOURNEY IN EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I went over around the same time last year. where you going? and most importantly where are you spending new years?

kelvinsense 11-30-2007 09:37 PM

Nov-

Had a big heater in Nov. made around $6k. Then went on a bad ~3k downswing. recovered about $1k since then so far this month. I wish I hadn't tilted so much during that swing (most of it was on one day

Dec-

play 40k hands. Not sure how hard this is going to be but I can usually put in about 2k hands a day. I also want to be able to stay at 2/4 with at least 20 buyins by the end of the month.

steel108 11-30-2007 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I went over around the same time last year. where you going? and most importantly where are you spending new years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Throughout Europe; made a thread in the Travel forum. I'll be in Paris for New Years... going to be a sick time for sure.

nazahl 11-30-2007 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
play 40k hands. Not sure how hard this is going to be but I can usually put in about 2k hands a day. I also want to be able to stay at 2/4 with at least 20 buyins by the end of the month.

[/ QUOTE ]

how many of you guys are playing 1/2 and 2/4 w/ just 20 buyin rolls? that seems crazy to me

I feel like such a bankroll nit sometimes... I'm holding off 2/4 till I have like $30k

steel108 11-30-2007 09:40 PM

Could you guys check out the Student Life forum's "hottest girls on Facebook" thread. I put one of my friends up and people have given negative responses. I think she is drop dead gorgeous.... am I blind?

nazahl 11-30-2007 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Throughout Europe; made a thread in the Travel forum. I'll be in Paris for New Years... going to be a sick time for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

props man, sounds like a blast. have a good time!! definitely bang some eastern european broads, theyre mad sexy and love rich americans

steel108 11-30-2007 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how many of you guys are playing 1/2 and 2/4 w/ just 20 buyin rolls? that seems crazy to me

I feel like such a bankroll nit sometimes... I'm holding off 2/4 till I have like $30k

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a bankroll nit and losing alot of value. I keep around 22k online and play from 200 to 600 as my regular games. Will even play 1000 if there is a big fish with a stack. Restricting yourself with that much money in your account is just burning money.

goofyballer 11-30-2007 09:47 PM

December goals:
- $12k in 20k hands of 2/4
- Have intercourse with a female, preferrably a hot drunk one I pick up while partying in the MSNL mansion at Vegas over New Year's

Clever Nickname 11-30-2007 09:55 PM

My goal is to resume the great run I was having in October and to forget that November ever happened.

nath 11-30-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm holding off 2/4 till I have like $30k

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF

OK, when I moved to SSNL I decided I was going to stay at a certain level and put in a certain number of hands before moving up. After having a killer month at 1/2 HU in October I stuck with the plan, except that I found sitting fat and overrolled was boring me, and I wasn't putting in enough hands or playing well when I did. So I've started mixing in other stuff and taking shots at 20 buyins. I think you have to stay a little hungry, constantly challenge yourself, if you really want to get better. No reason to stay at a level you can beat soundly when you have enough to move up. And the thing is, even if your initial shots fail, they'll give you experience that will not only help you the next time around, but also make you better at your regular game.

Anyway, my goal for the month is 40k hands of cash. I didn't play enough in November, and I didn't play well the first half of the month. (And I wasted too much money on donkaments.) I'll be mostly playing 1/2 (I'm playing 6-max now as well as HU) and mix in some 2/4 when I'm ready and rolled, or if the game is especially good.

I'm trying not to have a specific monetary goal, but one keeps popping into my head. I do understand that it's just something to aim for, not a specific round number I should press to attain. If I play 40k hands and play well, the money will come.

steel108 11-30-2007 10:03 PM

I find that monetary goals distract me. I seem to play best when I have a hands goal.

hotbacon 11-30-2007 10:05 PM

make money

UTG-RAISE 11-30-2007 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
make money

[/ QUOTE ]

im on the same plan

Dire 11-30-2007 10:10 PM

Play minimum of 26/22 VPIP and show good profit (working more on hand reading / aggression). Get the last 15k VPP needed for supernova. My november goal was to move down to $200 and work on my play in reraised pots. Nailed that goal seriously and feel like my play in reraised pots is very strong now, by $200 standards at least. Could use more work out of position though.

nazahl 11-30-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm holding off 2/4 till I have like $30k

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF

OK, when I moved to SSNL I decided I was going to stay at a certain level and put in a certain number of hands before moving up. After having a killer month at 1/2 HU in October I stuck with the plan, except that I found sitting fat and overrolled was boring me, and I wasn't putting in enough hands or playing well when I did. So I've started mixing in other stuff and taking shots at 20 buyins. I think you have to stay a little hungry, constantly challenge yourself, if you really want to get better. No reason to stay at a level you can beat soundly when you have enough to move up. And the thing is, even if your initial shots fail, they'll give you experience that will not only help you the next time around, but also make you better at your regular game.

Anyway, my goal for the month is 40k hands of cash. I didn't play enough in November, and I didn't play well the first half of the month. (And I wasted too much money on donkaments.) I'll be mostly playing 1/2 (I'm playing 6-max now as well as HU) and mix in some 2/4 when I'm ready and rolled, or if the game is especially good.

I'm trying not to have a specific monetary goal, but one keeps popping into my head. I do understand that it's just something to aim for, not a specific round number I should press to attain. If I play 40k hands and play well, the money will come.

[/ QUOTE ]

for me personally its more an issue of feeling comfortable with my game and the level I'm playing rather than being adequately rolled for the level. I've only been playing nl for 3 months, and I'm finally just feeling comfortable with my game at 200nl. my roll right now is at $20k, which is more than enough to play 400nl but I'd rather make sure my game is exactly where I want it at 200nl (I'm still uncomfortable in some spots). if that means grinding out for another month and another $10k at 200nl, I can deal with that. I know I'm cutting short some potential monetary gains at 400nl by not moving up immediately, but if it means not playing above my comfort zone then I feel its worth the wait.

nath 11-30-2007 10:15 PM

Try playing some 2/4. You might find that in adjusting to a tougher game, you plug up some leaks in the smaller game without realizing it.

I think you have to play above your comfort zone every now and again. How else does your comfort zone get any bigger? Challenge yourself!

MoP_86 11-30-2007 10:17 PM

Do satisfactory on my first 3 finals (3 in 3 days... [censored] bah!) and ace my last one (13 days to study for it)

then play 20k hands in the remaining 11 days of december.

BigPoppa 11-30-2007 10:19 PM

Had no November poker goals.
Non-poker goals didn't go too well, but couldn't be helped.

If I ever get off of life-tilt, I'd like to start playing some poker again.
Probably start over at NL$50 just to get acclimatized.

Need to get my personal life straightened out first.
Possibly maim/kill a few family members.

SirFelixCat 11-30-2007 10:23 PM

- 25k+ hands.

- make enough to pay off my loan.

- quit playing the MOMENT I know I'm off my game.

- Don't force it/ let the game come to me.

- Study/work on my game more than I have in recent months.

nazahl 11-30-2007 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try playing some 2/4. You might find that in adjusting to a tougher game, you plug up some leaks in the smaller game without realizing it.

I think you have to play above your comfort zone every now and again. How else does your comfort zone get any bigger? Challenge yourself!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I know!!! but adjusting to 200nl was a [censored] nightmare until I started table selecting. I would just get into ridiculous spots 3betting aggro regs and was constantly getting outplayed. its like I finally feel comfortable now, so why not grind it out for a while and bank some easy money? I feel almost like I deserve a break after the 2-3 week adjusting period to 200nl that really stressed me out. maybe I'll throw 1 table of 400nl into the mix, just for you nath.

Jay Riall 11-30-2007 10:25 PM

Cashed out $10k a few days ago so only have $4.5kish online so do a little grinding for a couple weeks at 100NL and get back to 200NL and hopefully 400NL asap. Man, I'm soo lazy.

Keyser. 11-30-2007 10:28 PM

1. quit being so [censored] lazy [censored]
2. quit waking up at 8pm. Though solving the first one will solve this one

Jay Riall 11-30-2007 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez, I thought I was [censored] getting up at 4pm. What time do you go to sleep?

BigPoppa 11-30-2007 10:36 PM

I'm out of bed by 1pm every day.
You guys are making me feel youthful and energetic.

Jay Riall 11-30-2007 10:41 PM

I'm guna lay soo much smack down on 100NL it'll probably break the internets.

AZDezertRat 11-30-2007 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$10k at 200nl

[/ QUOTE ]

same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are people so concerned with stats? Play the style you are most comfortable with and don't force anything.

My goal is 30k hands before the 24th... LEAVING FOR A MONTH LONG JOURNEY IN EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you are refering to my post i make about 4.5ptbb/100 long term playing 15/11.. dont you think if i just open my game to about 19/16 instead of 15/11 i may be able to make alittle more money long run... not like im looking to LAG it up at 26/21

clowntable 11-30-2007 10:49 PM

1) More hands. I'd say 50k but given the hollidays I'll settle for 40k
2) Play focused everytime
3) Improve my game in some areas that I feel weak in
4) Run average
5) 4+PTBB/100
6) If all works out, hopefully move up

spivey 11-30-2007 10:52 PM

Win 1k in 10k hands. Just something to get me back on track

dirtylobster 11-30-2007 10:58 PM

My goal for december is to play well consistently and get up and quit immediately when I don't. The rest should take care of itself.

Keyser. 11-30-2007 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez, I thought I was [censored] getting up at 4pm. What time do you go to sleep?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like 11 am last "night." My lengths of sleep are pretty normal (8'ish hours)... I dunno.

spivey 11-30-2007 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like 11 am last "night." My lengths of sleep are pretty normal (8'ish hours)... I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is [censored] up right here.