Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   10nl- raggy flop ace on turn- reraised (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519612)

qwertyas 10-10-2007 02:05 AM

10nl- raggy flop ace on turn- reraised

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($11.40)
Button ($11.15)
SB ($18.40)
BB ($5.80)
UTG ($9.40)
UTG+1 ($9.25)
MP1 ($7.50)
Hero ($13.70)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.6</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.45) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.85</font>, Hero calls $0.85.

Turn: ($3.15) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $6.5</font>, Hero ??

before the flop i thourght he might have had a bigger pp, tried to represent Ace on turn but maybe he has AK? spewy help me plz Oo

galakos85 10-10-2007 03:11 AM

Re: 10nl- raggy flop ace on turn- reraised

Raise pre-flop! What exactly makes you think he had a bigger pp? He raised the standard 4BB+1/limper amount. On the other hand if you had raised, and he reraised you then you can maybe narrow it down to QQ+,AK (NL10).
As played bet the flop, you get absolutely 0 info from check calling here. You could also check-raise here, after his weak c-bet.
Check, fold turn. You can only represent a small Ace here maybe, and he may even reraise you here with JJ-KK, if he thinks he can make you fold. My guess is you let him catch his Ace, though.

Bottom line: raise preflop, you'll have much easier decisions the rest of the way

Do you use pokertracker/HUD? If so it'll help to analyse your hands if you provide stats on villain(VPIP/PFR/AF/NR. Hands).

qwertyas 10-10-2007 07:36 AM

hi thanks for reply, i played the hand pretty bad. the reason why i trhought he could have had a higher pp is that lately ive lost quite a bit to raggy flops like this when we bot have over pairs, guess i really shouldnt have based my decision on pevious events like that. yea i agree i should have raised on pf

yea i thikn i did let him catch his ace [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i do have pt and hud but was new to table and no stats/reads on this guy

thanks again!

CaptVimes 10-10-2007 08:21 AM

Without having stats or reads on villain I always think an Ax hand is a big part of villains Pre flop raising range especially after limpers. Most, not all, villains in NL10 with pocket pairs less than TT will limp behind and set mine. That leaves villain AT+,KT+ and TT+ that villain is usually raising with. That's why I think repping the Ace is a dangerous move. If you think villain is on missed overs, c/r the flop. If he calls he's likely to call all the way with an over pair that beats you or if he shoves you need to fold.

Raise this hand preflop and take the initiative. If you are going to call this flop, you need to check/fold the turn. As played fold.