Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   tptk 3bet pot oop river situation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511080)

DirteAA 09-28-2007 03:24 AM

tptk 3bet pot oop river situation

Villain is CS_Sitz on FTP. I have him at 27/13/2.5 over 30k hands. We were on several tables together, he was defending his blinds frequently and trying to float me in position. I had not 3-bet him prior to this on any table and he had only seen me show down strong hands.

Is the river an easy bet/call situation? Bet ~70 and call a shove? Shove? I feel kinda lost b/c I don't think he calls with much of anything that I beat.

He has $132 left on the river.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $201.00
Hero (BB): $268.65
UTG: $206.15
MP: $200.00
CO: $246.40
BTN: $465.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $8.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $28.00</font>, MP calls $20.00

Flop: ($57) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($57) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $40.00</font>, MP calls $40.00

River: ($137) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero

cs3 09-28-2007 04:08 AM

Re: tptk 3bet pot oop river situation

if he had been floating you in position then why did you check the flop???

as played I probably bet something retardedly small on the river like $60 that he'll have ot call with TT/JJ/QXss etc. and obv call a shove

ManChild 09-28-2007 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Irishman07 09-28-2007 05:06 AM

Yeah I like a small bet here too. It makes your line look a lot like KK value betting thin so might induce a shove from random crap. And gives him good odds to call with worse also.

tubasteve 09-28-2007 05:42 AM

i go for like 38. people hate it when you bet less on one street than on a previous one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

seriously though, something like 50 is probably optimal, and yea im calling a shove

Pete H 09-28-2007 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

flyerr 09-28-2007 09:22 AM

I cant understand why you would check the flop...As played I would bet 60ish on the river and probably call a shove.

FGators 09-28-2007 10:58 AM

Checking the flop isn't horrible. I'd probably prefer it in position to out of position but there is much worse things than checking a flop like this.

Lead the river, though I disagree if we lead small and he shoves we'd have the best hand a large % of the time because I never see people bluffing when we don't have much left (he'd be giving us incredible odds).

DirteAA 09-28-2007 11:08 AM

I checked the flop because I felt there wasn't much value in betting and to disguise my hand. I didn't think he would call a bet with the Ace out there unless he had one. This is the first 3b pot we've played so all the floating has happened in smaller pots. I don't think he is going to float in a 3b pot; the pot is too big and he wouldn't have hardly any fold equity. This is just a different line that I take maybe 1/3 of the time I find myself in this situation.

I am more interested in what people would be doing on the river though.

chiTown22 09-28-2007 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I checked the flop because I felt there wasn't much value in betting and to disguise my hand. I didn't think he would call a bet with the Ace out there unless he had one. This is the first 3b pot we've played so all the floating has happened in smaller pots. I don't think he is going to float in a 3b pot; the pot is too big and he wouldn't have hardly any fold equity. This is just a different line that I take maybe 1/3 of the time I find myself in this situation.

I am more interested in what people would be doing on the river though.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this was your plan, play it as such.