Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AA in reraised pot NL50 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556628)

cheups 11-28-2007 05:49 PM

AA in reraised pot NL50

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $50
UTG: $38.25
MP: $53.10
CO: $30.30
BTN: $33.30
SB: $71.05

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
4 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, SB calls $3

Flop: ($9) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, SB calls $7

Turn: ($23) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $59.55 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $23.50 and is All-In

River: ($100) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

villain is 27/22/2.7

apart from raising more pf, would you have played this any different?

Worm75 11-28-2007 05:52 PM

Re: AA in reraised pot NL50

No, and this looks like it belongs in uNL BBV, no offense. I am pretty much stacking off with AA for 100bbs in 3bet pots every time

DonManuel 11-28-2007 06:57 PM

There are very few things you beat on the turn. I'm very tempted to check behind on the turn, but maybe it's a leak. I don't see many hands you beat calling the turn and I don't want to be raised. If I check the turn and the river bricks I call a bet or valuetown it if checked.

rakes.a.beach 11-28-2007 07:03 PM

played fine

orig!naL 11-28-2007 07:17 PM

reads? I'm not sure if this is a 'must stack off situation'.. forget that the river is a 9 and think about what you are beating on the turn - QQ and KK. Anything else has you crushed. Without reads it's a little hard to establish if this villain is making the pf call with 99, but this really looks like a flush draw that just turned some sweetness.

I don't mind how you played it, but if this villain had a relatively low AF on the turn, I would strongly consider folding here.

Chomp 11-28-2007 07:34 PM

To say it is mandatory to stack off in any situation - barring quads - cannot be right. Not a mantra I live by anyway.

I can find a fold on the turn if I am emotionally in control and this aggro dude hasn't been pissing me off.

We have made it very clear we have a hand we like, those 2 Jacks are staring at villain, the flush has come in, trips has come in, boats have come in....yuk.

I have no problem narrowing villains range to one of those hands (and even the addition of a bluff into that range can't up our equity much I don't think.)

Also, I'll sometimes check flops in this spot for value as I can't see 3 streets of value. Meh, maybe in this case the board is a too bit scary for this, but I'd see how gameflow was going. Another advantage I guess is it stops us being c/r w/draws or moves.

Edit to add: If we had the Ah that might make a differece, and the fact we can't see it does make villain having it at least a weeeeee bit more likely. But even then, it would be a weird equity spot for villain to try a move with the fd.

ivenhoe 11-28-2007 08:29 PM

I would check behind on the turn and probably fold to decent river bet. As played - fold turn