Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   FTP $330 Mill., stupid turn spot facing overbet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543834)

swede554 11-11-2007 07:49 PM

FTP $330 Mill., stupid turn spot facing overbet

Full Tilt (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 20/40 blinds.

UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises 160</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop:(500) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks.

Turn:(500) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets 350</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises 2850 (All-In)</font>, Hero?

I cover villain by about 1,000. OPR showed villain being a losing player, -55% roi,over a small sample size, 101 mtt's. That's all the info I had on him since this was early on. So wtf is this?

LerkEr 11-11-2007 08:02 PM

Re: FTP $330 Mill., stupid turn spot facing overbet

he's got a Q or he's got a boat 1 of the 2./

whynot? 11-11-2007 08:34 PM

seems like a Q without a heart that doesnt want the draw to hit to me

Cornell Fiji 11-11-2007 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what it looks like to me too

swede554 11-11-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would normally be my assumption as well, but MP3 was the preflop raiser and last person to act on the flop, so why is he checking behind w/ a Q if he's worried about a possible flushdraw?

adanthar 11-11-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That would normally be my assumption as well, but MP3 was the preflop raiser and last person to act on the flop, so why is he checking behind w/ a Q if he's worried about a possible flushdraw?

[/ QUOTE ]

because he has ace queen

fsoyars 11-11-2007 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because he has ace queen

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what this means. Seems to me like AQ bets this flop way more than it checks, esp 3-way. Looks more like AK with Ah to me.

Cornell Fiji 11-12-2007 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because he has ace queen

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what this means. Seems to me like AQ bets this flop way more than it checks, esp 3-way. Looks more like AK with Ah to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop he hit his hand so he got tricky and slowplayed.

On the turn he got nervous about the flush so he shoved.

If someone hit a flush against him on the turn he would probably say "this is [censored] unreal, I am so unlucky to lose with trips." I suggest that you befriend some bad players as a sociological experiment. If you can handle their bad beat stories it will be great for your game.

jordankickz 11-12-2007 12:09 AM

Is it bad that I think he has something like AhKx or AhJx and really wanna call?

fsoyars 11-12-2007 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because he has ace queen

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop he hit his hand so he got tricky and slowplayed.

On the turn he got nervous about the flush so he shoved.

If someone hit a flush against him on the turn he would probably say "this is [censored] unreal, I am so unlucky to lose with trips." I suggest that you befriend some bad players as a sociological experiment. If you can handle their bad beat stories it will be great for your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am only friends with ballers who run like god. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Srsly though, I get why he would shove the turn if he had AQ. I'm just not buying that unknowns are checking back AQ here in a 3-way pot with a two flush board. Unless we have some read or something.