Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Predict the direction of the Dollar thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531409)

tippy 10-25-2007 08:21 PM

Predict the direction of the Dollar thread

Lets hear some opinions for the next week and month. Use the DXY or your favorite pair.

EUR/USD. I think the dollar bottoms out next week after the coming rate cut, especially if we get 50 rather than 25. I'd say 1.45 might be a good spot to try and catch a major reversal in the dollar.

Thoughts?

kimchi 10-25-2007 09:42 PM

Re: Predict the direction of the Dollar thread

I don't really care which way it goes as long as I'm on right side following the major trend.

pig4bill 10-26-2007 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets hear some opinions for the next week and month. Use the DXY or your favorite pair.

EUR/USD. I think the dollar bottoms out next week after the coming rate cut, especially if we get 50 rather than 25. I'd say 1.45 might be a good spot to try and catch a major reversal in the dollar.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it bottom out and why would it reverse?

I think it keeps dropping if there's a 50 bps cut. Maybe thrashes where it is on a 25 bps cut.

kagame 10-26-2007 12:27 PM

trends dont last forever, thats why theyre called trends and why theyre even possible. sheessh.

gonebroke2 10-26-2007 12:36 PM

Dollar has another 50% to drop on the USDX.

pig4bill 10-26-2007 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
trends dont last forever, thats why theyre called trends and why theyre even possible. sheessh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trends keep going until something stops them. That's why they're called trends. Sheesh.

PLOlover 10-27-2007 01:39 PM

you think the dollar will get stronger if the fed creates more credit (more dollars)? I don't get it.

I mean it's pretty obvious fed/gov have decided to tank the dollar to and keep rates low,

rather than have high rates and stronger dollar.

ActionTodd 10-27-2007 01:45 PM

I think USD will continue to go down

DcifrThs 10-27-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this would be a far better bet vs. the pound. germany remains a powerhouse.

britain, on the other hand, is fairly fragile at this point and after the next rate cut (as i mentioned in the other thread), i'd look to short the GBP/USD pair.

fundamentally it is a much better bet.

Barron

PRE 10-27-2007 02:07 PM

This economy is in terrible shape and you can thank the government and Fed for it. It will continue to decline.