Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   probably retarded question HU (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558087)

Red Shell 11-30-2007 05:05 PM

Re: probably retarded question HU

sure, i think it works with a better image than a spewtard, given he feels your prone to spew isnt this the prefect line for him with anything decent. he obv wants to showdown hands vs you, so i dont really see the point of going at it with junk as often your going to end up in this type of situation when you don't need to be.

Jeffmet3 11-30-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think im ahead way more than 50%. hes just that predictable. but i think it needs to be a draw like... 85%+ so yeah i folded

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, because the problem with draws is that your hand is so vulnerable. like AKspades is close to a coinflip, and a straight/flushdraw you're flipping. same with a pair/draw.

and then there's the chance, that he has a straight, then maybe he's doing this with a set or 2pair.

I think I might call with 2pair in this spot, but not 6-10 here.

Although, if the 6 is a spade, it makes your hand stronger as it takes 6sxs out of his range

nutsflopper 11-30-2007 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hes folding a huge amount of flops and is generally super readable postflop. i think i can make a profit

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good reason to fold here.

luegofuego 11-30-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hes folding a huge amount of flops and is generally super readable postflop. i think i can make a profit

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no its not.

TheWorstPlayer 11-30-2007 06:14 PM

you have the same card as the highest card on the board. what's the question?

nutsflopper 11-30-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking about here as in on the flop...

AceCR9 11-30-2007 06:17 PM

would fold vs described villan

luegofuego 11-30-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking about here as in on the flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

ur still wrong

luegofuego 11-30-2007 06:26 PM

btw, i still suspect its a fold and i did fold, still not sure ofc... i kinda strongly suspect he will pull this BS with stuff like naked 7x, misguided semibluff with A4, A5 or A3... does that change things?

Jeffmet3 11-30-2007 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, i still suspect its a fold and i did fold, still not sure ofc... i kinda strongly suspect he will pull this BS with stuff like naked 7x, misguided semibluff with A4, A5 or A3... does that change things?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, if he's doing that gross [censored] on your 3-bets for stacks, then i personally like a fold here even more.

i think i'd then like to tighten up my 3-betting, as an adjustment to make me more willing to get it allin on flops. especially with no PT, he's very unlikely to realize you're adjusting and will keep spewing, and if you can weight your range such that it crushes his, you can be more patient.

Because the thing is if he's playing back at you, you can add 77,88,99,etc to his range, and it just seems to marginal in my opinion.

I think it's close though, my calling range would be around 77, JJ+ and then 45+. Then I'm calling any big suited Axs and like 67. kinda arbitrary and just off the top of my head, but i still think calling would be a mistake.

-jeff