Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK - The official BBV blog and it's not close (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=417590)

Marmor 06-01-2007 07:45 PM

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK - The official BBV blog and it\'s not close

Wow, if you thought Kurosh was great (which I did), this guy just freaking blows my mind. Pissing his savings away cuz he busted his roll playing way over his head - if this aint BBV material I don't know what is.

[ QUOTE ]

Sunday, May 20, 2007
PLAYING MY SAVINGS (& RESPONDING TO THE PREVIOUS POST'S COMMENTS REGARDING THIS)
i have decided what to do, against nearly all the advice i've been given, i'm going to play all my savings, £89,500 to be precise. i'll probably start playing monday or tuesday night. the plan is to play anywhere from $10/$20 to $50/$100. if i do play $50/$100 or £25/£50 though i will only buy for half the max. . i'm going to be selective in games, and try and multi-table ring games. if i get bored then i'll swith to hu, rather than playing higher (i hope). i'll also try and spread my play around the sites so i should be able to put more hands in and be more selective.

i guess i have to justify this decision to you guys as well. it's mainly because i don't think i can play any lower and stick it, nor would i be happy. i haven't played a proper session for over 2 weeks because i can't get motivated to play low. many people think (including my parents) that i will be bust within a fortnight. possible, but i reckon by the end of june i will be back to £200k. as it is now i won't withdraw from my roll until i get to £250k, but if i feel the money is insecure i may get the parents to hold some of it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Friday, June 01, 2007
67 BECOMES 30
just blew £36k plus last months rakeback on betfair $100/$200 just now against bloeffer. he played very well and i didn't keep my head on enough. also given my parents £1k for june so i'm down to £30,000. last few days i've not felt like playing low tables. i'm very disappointed at the moment to lose over 50% of the roll but i don't regret playing those stakes. we played about 1100 hands i think and for awhile i was up $35k+ but he turned it around very well, the key pot was when i lost a $60k pot catching my 2 pair against his flush on the river. however, i should have check folded the river as my 2 pair were quite low and if he bets river he prob has at least 2 pair (which would almost definitely be higher). anyway, no play till monday probably. i do have £1k in my bank account which i might gamble away, but since i'll have to wait till monday to get the next £10k (then £10k tues and £9k wed hopefully) i may not play till then.

posted by Ed Hollis at 4:07 PM 1 comments

[/ QUOTE ]

http://88percent.blogspot.com/

Mench 06-01-2007 07:46 PM

Re: SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK - The official BBV blog and it\'s not close

who?

Marmor 06-01-2007 07:46 PM

Re: SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK - The official BBV blog and it\'s not clo

[ QUOTE ]
who?

[/ QUOTE ]

sry - forgot the url

zasterguava 06-01-2007 07:48 PM

is he serious>]
$25/$50 6 seater betfair. i'm in the bb playing a $7400 stack. i'm in for like $9k/$10k and tilted, big tilted. it's folded round to the button who 'could' be stealing. so i re-raise the pot to $550 in the bb (the sb passes). i've got 106o. he calls and the flop comes down Js Ad 9s. i bet $900 and he calls. turn is a 6h. i check, he bets $1777 and i call. the river is the 7h. i check, he puts me all in for $4205. i can't really fold here i've caught a pair. so i call and lose to AJ in a $14,886 pot.

the_main 06-01-2007 07:49 PM

I've been following this blog for a while.
Dude is pooched.

plan9 06-01-2007 08:20 PM

I'm actually surprised he's not busto already.

PwnedDonk 06-01-2007 08:21 PM

this is so sick, ave been following it and he will either be busto or robusto VERY soon

Full-Metall 06-01-2007 08:23 PM

$25/$50 6 seater betfair. i'm in the bb playing a $7400 stack. i'm in for like $9k/$10k and tilted, big tilted. it's folded round to the button who 'could' be stealing. so i re-raise the pot to $550 in the bb (the sb passes). i've got 106o. he calls and the flop comes down Js Ad 9s. i bet $900 and he calls. turn is a 6h. i check, he bets $1777 and i call. the river is the 7h. i check, he puts me all in for $4205. i can't really fold here i've caught a pair. so i call and lose to AJ in a $14,886 pot.

MichaelB 06-01-2007 08:34 PM

LOL

jmxthievez 06-01-2007 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HED ASPLODE

HedonismBot 06-01-2007 08:42 PM

Kurosh if you read this you are a worthless piece of [censored]

Oxy 06-01-2007 08:55 PM

this is brilliant Z+ BBV material.

volcano1976 06-01-2007 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is so sick, ave been following it and he will either be busto or robusto VERY soon

[/ QUOTE ]

Link to your avatar please...

metamath 06-01-2007 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pdk 06-02-2007 01:07 AM

i want to see his lifetime graph so bad

kemystery 06-02-2007 01:20 AM

welcome to 2006

OP is correct tho, the only guy who rolled
up 200K+ off of nothing like that, was that
finbop786 guy http://pokerinfinbop.blogspot.com/

rica 06-02-2007 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
welcome to 2006

OP is correct tho, the only guy who rolled
up 200K+ off of nothing like that was that
finbop786 guy http://pokerinfinbop.blogspot.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir

Marmor 06-02-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
welcome to 2006

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the savings as a roll puts a new level of degen mindset to it imo.

DonkBluffer 06-02-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
they are so big and beautiful [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

cheet 06-02-2007 07:07 PM

link to kurosh's blog?

TheProdigy 06-02-2007 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
they are so big and beautiful [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously..who is this girl?

AllinDan 06-02-2007 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the final hand on that table after 1 hours play, i raise the button to $60, ipodu makes it $200 and i make it $600 with 510o. he calls and the flop comes 5c 8s kd. i bet $800 and he calls. turn is 3d. he checks. i check behind. river is the Ac and he moves all in instantly. it was my last $2040 to call. i did and he had KK for a set and the win - $6879 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

this blog is inspirational

kemystery 06-02-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
link to kurosh's blog?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://kuroshd.blogspot.com/

The Velour Fog 06-02-2007 10:11 PM

gnnn, conga rolleeeeedddd

nh

Bustoood J 06-02-2007 10:57 PM

He will join me shortly

LuckyLloyd 06-03-2007 01:28 AM

I have followed this for a number of months now. Guy is [censored] tapped. I used to post comments on the blog with advice and [censored]. Now I just read and laugh - while feeling lucky that I understand the word "discipline" (cause he sure don't).

tomdemaine 06-03-2007 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 hands later on the same table i raise utg to $175 with 84d and doooom on the button makes it $600. i call and the flop comes 10c 9d 6c. i check and he checks. 2s on the turn. i check, god knows why and he checks behind. so i am fairly sure he has AK right now so when the Kd comes on the river i check raise his $600 bet all in, another $1900 to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Logic!

bazooka87 06-03-2007 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i make it $60 with 69o and he calls. the flop comes 4d 6c Ah. he checks, i bet $90 and he makes it $240. i call and find the turn i want a 6. he bets $360 and i call. river is a 9d giving me the house but also putting out a flush (although a backdoor one). he checks to me. i go all in and he insta-calls with 86s. i win the $4k pot and we finish there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, is he actually scared his full house might lose to a flush?

Marmor 06-06-2007 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
ANOTHER £10,000 TO BLOEFFER
this time $50/$100 hu betfair. i bought for a fraction under $5k and got up to $34k before losing it all and then $15k more. as soon as i start losing my play starts to deterioate quickly and i become desperate to pick up pots and regain my peak chips for that session. my opponent also tightens up alot (generally) which i don't think helps.

anyway £20k left. i have half of it now and the other half coming tomorrow. it's probably time i re-considered what i'm going to do because i (as u) can't see the money lasting long. with £20k i still have a sufficient base to play £10/£20 half buyins, ring games with good game selection. from there i could be safe i think but... i'm not sure if i want to go back to that. i'll try and come up with some sort of plan before i play tonight or tomorrow.

on a side note i played the 'bloggerment' last sunday (without success, congrats to amatay for winning). it's a $5 sng on stars each sunday at 9pm uk time if anyone's interested, the password is donkament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Countdown to busto...

Marmor 07-07-2007 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i managed to blow £64k tonight, £50k on crypto £100/£200 and £14k on betfair $250/$500. therefore the money i set aside as my roll has all gone. i can easily muster up a few hundred or maybe a couple of thousand but it's gonna be a big knock down to my confidence and happiness playing £10/£20 and lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zomg

DublinsHero 07-07-2007 10:48 AM

any word on this guys SN?

luckyjimm 07-07-2007 11:04 AM

He plays as 'Charlatan' on William Hill and 'Supagrass' on Betfair.

It's amazing reading back through his blog and seeing the same pattern of massive wins followed by massive losses. But he's still way up since he started his blog again four months ago.

On March 18th his bankroll was just £130 !!!

April 5th, amazingly, his bankroll was £64k.

He then spun up to nearly £200,000. Then he started losing, including a disaster on 2nd May when he lost £83,447.

On May 21 he started to play the remaining £90k of his bankroll he'd put in a savings account. So it wasn't his "savings", really - just part of his roll he'd withdrawn. He then lost £72k of it in a fortnight. So by June 6th Roll his roll was down to £18,000.

He then went on a massive heater, and the £64k loss the other day was just handing some back.

This is how his roll has fluctuated:

June 6th £54.6k [+£36,600]
June 7th £125k [+£70,400]
June 15th £141k [+£16,000]
June 20th £151k [+£10,000]
July 3rd £186k [+£35,000]
July 4th £122k [-£64,000]

[Not allowing for money he's taken out for rent/living/guitar/tournaments, so maybe take five grand off].

So it's not such a disaster after all. Now, obviously the trouble is he can lose his entire bankroll in a bad session or - at best - two! But if he can go down to $50/$100 he's actually in a good position. The problem is, as he's shown, he won't be able to do that. I'm rooting for him, though. If you read his blog he seems a really nice guy, albeit a sick compulsive gambler...