Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Live 20 -- TPTK folds to river raise... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375309)

Hoi Polloi 04-10-2007 04:35 PM

Live 20 -- TPTK folds to river raise...

Btn is solid, aggressive and has been running well.

20/40 live

Folded to Hero in middle position who raises holding A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]; villain 3/bets OTB. Hero calls after the blinds fold.

Flop: (HU 7.5SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Check, bet, call.

Turn: (HU 4.75BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Check, check. (Ouch)

River: (HU 4.75BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, villain raises, hero folds.

Thoughts?

Hobbs. 04-10-2007 04:42 PM

Re: Live 20 -- TPTK folds to river raise...

no way I fold after the turn action.

Sailboats 04-10-2007 04:44 PM

Not sure i like this fold... Villian could have a number of hands that you beat like AJ/QQ/10s etc

Why did you check the turn? If you thought you were behind then bet the river?

private joker 04-10-2007 05:02 PM

I hate the turn check. What hands do you expect him to call down your checkraise with? Why not just bet the turn? That way at least you win 2BBs when he calls down, as opposed to 1BB when you checkraise and he folds. Then if the turn checks through, you still only win one max when he calls the river.

Bet the turn, and if he raises, play poker after that (which usually involves just calling down and maybe seeing a chop or AA or a frustrated QQ).

As you played it, you gave a free card to what looks like JJ, and then you bet into him when you had the worst of it. So you put in 3BBs on the streets where he had you beat, and the one street you did have him (the turn) you decided to check. Terrible. (Sorry).

n.s. 04-10-2007 05:04 PM

I think I prefer betting out on the turn - if button is really solid, he's not going to pay off a turn check-raise very often (unless he's got you beat, of course), but he may call down with a PP.

As played, I think you have to call the river raise.

cgrohman 04-10-2007 05:05 PM

I agree. Gotta bet the turn and this sure looks like JJ on the river.

Clover362 04-10-2007 05:12 PM

I don't think you can fold on the river because I think the probability you see QQ or aj is to high.

Hoi Polloi 04-10-2007 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the turn check. What hands do you expect him to call down your checkraise with? Why not just bet the turn? That way at least you win 2BBs when he calls down, as opposed to 1BB when you checkraise and he folds. Then if the turn checks through, you still only win one max when he calls the river.

Bet the turn, and if he raises, play poker after that (which usually involves just calling down and maybe seeing a chop or AA or a frustrated QQ).

As you played it, you gave a free card to what looks like JJ, and then you bet into him when you had the worst of it. So you put in 3BBs on the streets where he had you beat, and the one street you did have him (the turn) you decided to check. Terrible. (Sorry).

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more. Thanks.

cgrohman 04-10-2007 05:15 PM

From a solid player? Depends on his perception of how OP plays. A solid player would not raise a solid player with AJ here. He knows a worse hand wont pay.

Hoi Polloi 04-10-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From a solid player? Depends on his perception of how OP plays. A solid player would not raise a solid player with AJ here. He knows a worse hand wont pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was card dead since I sat down (+/- 2 hours). Villain was running hot and eating up the table. He probably saw me as weak tight to nitty at best.

The hand's been bugging me for a month. I know I misplayed it. I hoped posting it would get it out of my head.

I hate when that happens.