Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   which street (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=494637)

ship it pls 09-05-2007 11:01 PM

which street

CP 30/60 6 handed

1 limp in mid, button raises, hero 3 bets 7c7s from sb and both call

flop: Tc 3h 6c - hero bets, limper calls, button raises, hero 3-bets and both call

turn: 2c - hero checks, limper checks and button bets, hero calls, and limper calls

river: another club, not sure which - hero bets...

limper is awful, not sure on specific tendancies tho

button is 2p2er who i dont know, but he knows i post and also knows the limper is awful

opinions on any of the streets appreciated, thanks

CardSharpCook 09-06-2007 01:39 AM

Re: which street

wow, that's all really bad.

Lethe 09-06-2007 01:46 AM

Why exactly are we 3-betting the flop OOP vs these 2 opponents?

CardSharpCook 09-06-2007 01:50 AM

3bet OOP with 77 to play a 3way pot? No.

bet/3bet the flop? no. Oh, wait, it is T-high and there is a flush draw... OF COURSE!!! no.

Check/call the club turn? no. WAIT! WAIT! the turn was a club and now we have a... a... FLUSH DRAW!!!!!! no.

Bet the club river? no. Wiat, wait.... ITS A VALUE BET!!!!

wait, honestly, was it a value bet or a bluff? Because neither work.

Is this post in response to "shipitpls, you only post hands that you played well."?

PokerBob 09-06-2007 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CP 30/60 6 handed

1 limp in mid, button raises, hero 3 bets 7c7s from sb and both call

flop: Tc 3h 6c - hero bets, limper calls, button raises, hero 3-bets and both call

turn: 2c - hero checks, limper checks and button bets, hero calls, and limper calls

river: another club, not sure which - hero bets...

limper is awful, not sure on specific tendancies tho

button is 2p2er who i dont know, but he knows i post and also knows the limper is awful

opinions on any of the streets appreciated, thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

you 3bet the flop because you thought the guy had a flush draw. why on earth would you check/call now that it got there?

ship it pls 09-06-2007 10:36 AM

cardsharp, no it wasnt, i had this one typed up day before yesterday but messed up my comp when posting it - ironic though

hoppscot22 09-06-2007 10:40 AM

did you win this hand?

btw - preflop is really bad, flop is pretty bad, turn is pretty bad, river is probably very very meh

ship it pls 09-06-2007 10:49 AM

basically, my thought process was different on every street and as a whole just didnt make sense, even when trying to piece it together afterwards...

preflop:
3-bet here is standard for me, the 2p2 was opening a lot of pots with that limper in and it also helps the hand play easier usually

flop:
on the flop i figured i had the best hand a lot and was trying to push limper off 6 outs

turn:
i expected limper to bet if he hit the turn, so when he didnt i expected my flushdraw or pair to be good often enough for a call...

river:
it wasnt really a value bet or a bluff really, maybe a semi bluff i guess, one of those 'i'm calling, so why not bet' lines...

RobA 09-06-2007 11:17 AM

i've done the exact same thing in nearly the exact same spot.

yes, this looks spewy, and everyone is ripping on it, but i haven't seen any clear reasoning of why its so bad. its just a tough spot, and most lines are either going to look like a spew, or look weak, with not much in between.

the flop seems fine to me.

I guess you can check/fold the turn because it's still 3-handed at that point, so your club is no good, especially in light of the fact that the limper called the flop 3-bet.

Man of Means 09-06-2007 11:35 AM

What I think about here is how preflop sets up postflop

We have a button who is a good player and a MP who is a bad player. Note that Button is not openraising, so you should consider his "isolation range" (mid Ace+, KT+, QT?, 66+ etc) not his pure steal range. Vs a button openraise or if you have position 3bet 77 is more standard.

The 3-bet preflop does not seem optimal to me because:

You're probably not folding out the bad player - he will often call except with his very worst hands.

And then postflop starts with you, out of position, having initiative with a hand that often wants to checkraise the flop.

Noting that you'll often c/r c/c or c/f flop, you don't mind too much if BB decides to play after you coldcall.