Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Thinking about day trading. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546978)

JbruNation 11-15-2007 04:40 PM

Thinking about day trading.

I have been sports betting for a few years now and I have been studying the market lately. I'm thinking about day trading and I am searching for a good book or site where i can learn more about day trading. Any ideas?

En Passant 11-15-2007 04:48 PM

Re: Thinking about day trading.

amazon.com

NickNick 11-15-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
amazon.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at "Reading Lists".
There are hundreds of books to read!

Do you want to invest (LT) or trade (ST/MT) or both?

Day Trading is not the best way to get started for smAall accounts due to commisions, etc.

pig4bill 11-16-2007 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been sports betting for a few years now and I have been studying the market lately. I'm thinking about day trading and I am searching for a good book or site where i can learn more about day trading. Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vegas. Traders Expo.

ArturiusX 11-16-2007 01:24 AM

Would anyone object if I made a day trading megathread with a bunch of good starter info?

pig4bill 11-16-2007 02:29 AM

You'll find out faster by doing it.

hobbes1 11-16-2007 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would anyone object if I made a day trading megathread with a bunch of good starter info?

[/ QUOTE ]

please make

gordongecko 11-16-2007 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You'll find out faster by doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure we would all appreciate that, even after reading over 10 books on day trading there are so many aspects I just dont get. Not to mention technical analysis ugh, that's a whole new bear.

pig4bill 11-16-2007 05:14 AM

Okay, I mentioned it earlier, but it's already started, and I'm leaving tomorrow to go there, so I'll expand a little on the Traders Expo in this thread.

It started Wednesday I think, and runs through Sunday at the Mandalay Bay. Most educational sessions are free, as is the trade show. Of course, everyone has a service or book they're trying to sell you, but there's just a mountain of free info handed right to you. Plus some freebies like magazines, mousepads, etc. Newbies will be astounded at how big an industry the stock and futures trading markets really is. All the main software vendors, brokerages, and service vendors will be there, as well as just about any trading book you could imagine.

stephenNUTS 11-16-2007 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds Great
Go for it Art [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I will pitch in whatever positives/negatives I can...but be prepared [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Stephen