Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   10,000th post- My Mission: A JIHAD on SSNL opponents (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=281933)

MyTurn2Raise 12-12-2006 11:10 PM

10,000th post- My Mission: A JIHAD on SSNL opponents

MISSION STATEMENT:
I will be making over $1,000 per day at fullstack SSNL by the end of February

OK. First off, the money isn't that important to me. It's a way of keeping score and a challenging goal IMO.

second, my poker background is probably relevant. I've been a professional gambler for about 2 1/2 years now. I live pretty comfortably. Gambling is somewhat entertaining, but far from my dream job as I contribute nothing to society and am somewhat embarrassed when people ask me what I do for a living. Most of this gambling has been poker. Started in limit holdem. Done short-handed limit, o8 limit, pot-limit omaha, etc. Been playing no-limit pretty much exclusively since March. I'm about 6PTBB/100 winner at 100NL fullstack over a decent sample, but only a marginal winner over an insignificant sample at fullstack 200NL. I haven't played poker since September to be brutally honest. Only a few thousand hands here and there. I specialized in college football betting and was spending 50 to 60 hours per week on NCAAF stuff. Most of my no-limit past has been shortstacking, set-mining, etc. Basically, idiot strategies to lock in a tiny profit through crazy amounts of multi-tabling while I watch tv or whatnot. It's put me in a decent financial position, but is lacking a thrill factor and isn't 'beating' opponents.

I'm now going to start back at 25NL, probably 4 tables at a time, and build my game back up to multi-tabling pwnage at 200NL (8+ tables). I will become a machine. I plan to single table for at least an hour a day to get deep learning. The rest of the day will be automagical pilot multi-tabling based on basic concepts.

I feel the games are soft enough now and I need to tap the goldmine before it disappears. I saw what happened to limit games and see the precursors at no-limit.

Time to get the gold now.

I will be providing constant updates whether you all are interested or not.

With football season done, you can expect me to be back in this forum quite a bit....beware.

If I meet my goal, I promise to be the biggest donk at the SSNL boondoggle come WSOP ME time. Yes, I know I was the biggest donk last time anyway.

Prepare to witness my pwnage.

GambleAllNight 12-12-2006 11:15 PM

Re: 10,000th post- My Mission: A JIHAD on SSNL opponents

what site...what's your sn?

kitaristi0 12-12-2006 11:17 PM

Good luck.

Al_Money 12-12-2006 11:21 PM

Monthly goals>>Daily goals.

Good luck.

Flip_Dog 12-12-2006 11:28 PM

good luck. single tabling sounds like a good idea i think i will try it out.

ajmargarine 12-12-2006 11:35 PM

I am so glad that you aren't going to be a shortstack monkey anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ImsaKidd 12-12-2006 11:36 PM

i think you are vastly overrating what you can learn from single tabling. Just 2-3 table, more situations and stuff, but you can still focus goot.

bobman0330 12-12-2006 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you are vastly overrating what you can learn from single tabling. Just 2-3 table, more situations and stuff, but you can still focus goot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. 25 NL is prob a bit low too.

jbird 12-12-2006 11:48 PM

gogogogoogogogogogogog gl.

Pokey 12-13-2006 01:10 AM

I'm rooting for ya, MT2R. I'm also looking forward to another drunken mixed-game-fest at the Orleans this coming summer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]