Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Do you peel this flop? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516232)

Absolution 10-05-2007 12:11 PM

Do you peel this flop?

The button is somewhat loose. He'll cold call in the SB. He'll make random raises with A high or turned draws.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero...

NinaWilliams 10-05-2007 12:13 PM

Re: Do you peel this flop?

Standard for me is to fold here, but I think raising is better than calling.

Tryptamean 10-05-2007 12:23 PM

Unless you have some suspicion this is going multiple bets on the flop, I call/reevaluate the turn. Given the read, I wouldn't have a problem showing this down if you are HU on the turn. I assume this type of player raises mosts aces preflop?

Oink 10-05-2007 12:28 PM

call ~ fold &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; raise IMO

numbnuts007 10-05-2007 12:34 PM

Hmm, interesting. This is a completely standard raise for me, i'm actually surprised you guys might fold here. Not saying you're wrong, I don't know, but I raise here just about every time. There is a decent chance we're ahead, a good chance we'll fold a weak A or maybe even KQ, plus we have several outs to imrpove. I use this opportunity to get things heads up with the button who could be betting here with 67o for all we know.

It would be a totally different story if BB or UTG bet out, in that case I would probably peel and fold turn UI.

edit: eye kant spel

Stealthy 10-05-2007 12:43 PM

This flop hits so many hands but there is no way I want to peel here. For me if I am continuing I want to try and get it HU v Button when I have a ton of equity against his ATC range.

Raising &gt; folding &gt;&gt;&gt; peeling.

If called by anybody other than Button then I check/fold most turns. If Button remains then bet/folding is fine unless he is still retarded enough to raise a draw on the turn after I have shown such strength, then I might have to look him up on non spade rivers.

mattnxtc 10-05-2007 12:43 PM

I generally call this..but I was starting to wonder if that was a leak..glad to see others do it as well.

Tryptamean 10-05-2007 12:49 PM

no way any of the players left to act fold an ace. The type of players that limp/overlimp KQ will not fold it either.

IF you are ahead, you cannot make someone fold incorrectly with a flop c/r

danzasmack 10-05-2007 12:52 PM

uhhh, c/r?

Tryptamean 10-05-2007 12:57 PM

are you advocating a c/r danza?