Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   USA Women's Hockey Pathetic (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=39390)

asb165 02-17-2006 02:35 PM

USA Women\'s Hockey Pathetic

0 goals in the shootout, even with a do-over on one. Lame.

cdxx 02-17-2006 02:39 PM

Re: USA Women\'s Hockey Pathetic

deleting my other thread on the same topic.

women's sports suck, but this is awesome.

i am actually happy usa lost. i can't stand the commentary.

Daysleeper 02-17-2006 02:43 PM

Sweden Sweden Sweden!!!
Words cannot describe how awesome this is

Now if only we could beat Canada

Hopey 02-17-2006 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
0 goals in the shootout, even with a do-over on one. Lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...I can't believe the US lost to Sweden. That's hilarious. I watched a bit this morning and the US was up 2-1. I figured they'd start pulling away fairly soon and the game would get dull.

Serves them right for spending so much energy whining about how Canada kept running up their scores.

Sabrazack 02-17-2006 02:49 PM

Bwahahahaha, now if only the swedish guys could get their act together...

Patrick del Poker Grande 02-17-2006 02:59 PM

The Swedish goalie was just ridiculously good this game. She won this game. The third period was pretty close, but the US dominated play through the first two and just didn't get the puck in the net. I can't belive Ruggiero missed that penalty shot.

Overall, it was one of the best hockey games I've seen in a long time. Disappointing for sure, but a great game.

MrFeelNothin 02-17-2006 03:00 PM

Maybe its just me, but I don't understand how failing to score in a shootout makes the US Womens Hockey team pathetic.

asb165 02-17-2006 03:05 PM

0/5 in the shootout, probably were 3-4 goal favorites, and all they do is talk about the Canadians. Well, good luck against Finland. This was a pathetic choke.

Now I get to hear about how Lindsay Jacobellis is a show-off by Bob Costas for an hour and see 4 hours of tape-delayed ice dancing tonight.

NBC=Lame

kschellenger 02-17-2006 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe its just me, but I don't understand how failing to score in a shootout makes the US Womens Hockey team pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone familiar with womens hockey pegged the US for the gold or silver, easily. Plus I believe the US is something like 44-0-1 all time in international games against any team other than Canada.

2+2 wannabe 02-17-2006 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
0/5 in the shootout, probably were 3-4 goal favorites, and all they do is talk about the Canadians. Well, good luck against Finland. This was a pathetic choke.

[/ QUOTE ]

did the USA not even qualify for the medal round?