Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   i hate these spots, fold the AA?!?! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538916)

ggbman 11-05-2007 09:21 PM

Re: i hate these spots, fold the AA?!?!

I really feel a fold here.

NT! 11-05-2007 10:00 PM

i think you really, really have to reraise more here preflop. especially since it looks like a good spot to squeeze.

RandomUser 11-06-2007 12:49 AM

I think you are toast here fairly often considering that villain called your reraise preflop with two other callers still to act.

If he had AA or KK he most likely 4-bets to make sure it is heads up. I'd say this is QQ or JJ at least 50% of the time, but you still have enough equity to call/shove.

NL Rounder 11-06-2007 02:34 AM

I tend to agree that you are more often toast, rather than golden in this spot...but you're more or less self-stuck.

As played, you can only hope that either your very LAG image is saving you or that the Poker Gods are going to bestow a 2-out miracle upon you...stick it in.

The pre-flop re-raise needs to be much larger (at minimum to $700 or more) given your poor position.

EPiPeN11 11-06-2007 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are toast here fairly often considering that villain called your reraise preflop with two other callers still to act.

If he had AA or KK he most likely 4-bets to make sure it is heads up. I'd say this is QQ or JJ at least 50% of the time, but you still have enough equity to call/shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

HoosierAlum 11-06-2007 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stick it in

[/ QUOTE ]

MrP 11-06-2007 06:55 AM

how do u not get it in
look at your opp
decide his style his view on your gamne play so far
then stick it in

NT! 11-06-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is clearly wrong. If anything he is in better shape to call with a weaker hand, or a good multi-way hand, because it seems pretty unlikely that these players behind him are going to 4-bet given the action so far, and if he calls, it is quite possible they will come along. Especially if this hand is live, OP didn't specify.

Garland 11-08-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Especially if this hand is live, OP didn't specify.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe from previous posts this was a Commerce hand. He also said villain was a "feel" player, so I have to believe it's at least live.

The comment earlier about villain implied strength calling OP's re-raise with 2 people left to act, don't generally apply, because it's a rare live bird who is just calling a pre-flop raise, and then re-raising again with a premium.

The pre-flop re-raise was insufficient as others mentioned. Probably $600 to $650 feels right to me.

From the description the villain is a good lag player. If this is true, hero is dead like...every time. Because OP's past posts (and self-admitted LAG style) indicate his loose image and good villain is aware of said image, that only increases the chance villain re-raises with KK, but probably not calling with AQ. So what does that leave us? QQ, JJ or else the improbable case AA. With a 6:1 proposition to chop I fold. If we count 77 in the mix, it's even worse at 9:1.

Someone might argue KK just called the pre-flop re-raise. Ok, suppose villain plays it tricky: In the improbable case villain has KK, then a good LAG has to be scared to death of that flop.

Garland

Kirkrrr 11-08-2007 06:51 AM

re-raise more pre-flop

Versus a tough, aggro opponent that's capable coming over the top of you like that with you not knowing what to do I would probably start by checking the flop. Since you said he's good I don't think you ever see AQ here, he'd probably just call and re-evaluate. As played, really tough spot... stick it in, I guess.

Kirk