Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   River action? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557797)

SoMarginal 11-30-2007 05:18 AM

River action?

villan is 27.7-14.6-1.62 over 2k hands have not seen him get out of line yet

Absolute Poker $1/$2 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">BB raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

anti1k 11-30-2007 05:49 AM

Re: River action?

Never fold here. Call

Saikkonen 11-30-2007 06:11 AM

Don't know how well I like your turn 3bet, because your are actually checkraised and not being simply raised. It would be a wierd way to semibluff this one and we can only hope that he is on a semibluff or 9-something with a strong draw. Actually villain has at least two pair or one pair with a lot of outs(14) so I don't think our 3 bet will gain a lot because he will know that we will call this down and if he is on a draw we won't gain anything on the river anyway.

I'd much rather calldown here after the turncheckraise and then call any river bet both bluffs and non-bluffs.

Is my line to passive?

Oink 11-30-2007 06:36 AM

I dont 3-bet the turn

Why are we 3-betting?

Oh yeah to charge draws

But oh no. If he has a club draws isnt he firing the river UI?

Yeah

So what do you gain from 3-betting when he has a naked fd?

Nooooooothing!

slamhound 11-30-2007 06:42 AM

If a 9 is in his range? Easy 3-bet, no?

Oink 11-30-2007 06:52 AM

So then the 3-bet is to charge 9x hands

Problem is when he has a set or 97 its gonna cost you 4 bets.

When he has a fd and fires river its gonna win you nothing when he doesnt hit and loose you 1 or 2 bets when he does hit

I have stopped 3-betting turns vs TAGs here. I get capped to often or its a semibluff in which case I gain nada. (I think i mentioned that a few times now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Eraserhead 11-30-2007 07:17 AM

As played, would we have bet if checked to on this super scary river?

TheHip41 11-30-2007 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So then the 3-bet is to charge 9x hands

Problem is when he has a set or 97 its gonna cost you 4 bets.

When he has a fd and fires river its gonna win you nothing when he doesnt hit and loose you 1 or 2 bets when he does hit

I have stopped 3-betting turns vs TAGs here. I get capped to often or its a semibluff in which case I gain nada. (I think i mentioned that a few times now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly oink,

since the OP 3bet the turn, I think the river "should" be a fold.

I mean, the Tag knows we have AA, and he knows we aren't folding.

I think we are going to see a flush almost always.

That said, I don't fold here, but we probalby should.

SoMarginal 11-30-2007 01:00 PM

I should have labeled this turn action actually. I was questioning my play on the turn more than the river. Obv. its an easy call on the river. I didn't think that I liked my 3-bet on the turn too well and was just checking my line. Thanks!