Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The Wire question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=235663)

Rduke55 10-13-2006 05:00 PM

The Wire question

Not sure if I missed it in some earlier episode but what is Butchie's (the blind guy in the bar) deal?
Omar goes to him for advice, Prop Joe respects him, he puts people together for deals, and has guys get intentionally arrested. He's obviously a player but in what?

J.R. 10-13-2006 05:06 PM

Re: The Wire question

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if I missed it in some earlier episode but what is Butchie's (the blind guy in the bar) deal?
Omar goes to him for advice, Prop Joe respects him, he puts people together for deals, and has guys get intentionally arrested. He's obviously a player but in what?

[/ QUOTE ]

He owns a "legitimate" business, the west side bar. That's helpful to his side action, as well as to others who deal in cash businsses, like Omar. He is Omar's "banker." He knows his way around the block, and knows people who make things happen.

Its not explicit but I think he also takes Omar's pirated packages, becuase Butchie clearly moves product on the side, He uses the bar as a front/place to conduct side business in private.

mikeymer 10-13-2006 05:07 PM

He hasn't been a main character in past seasons or the current one. He's simply someone that Omar trusts and confides in, and facilitates deals between Omar and various 3rd parties. If you remember, he's the one who gave the police officer's gun back to Bunk after Bunk was grilling Omar about it earlier in the episode.

I don't remember him having anyone intentionally arrested though.

J.R. 10-13-2006 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Season 2. He knowingly gave officer tilghman the tainted drugs the led to his downfall.

Gordon Scott 10-13-2006 05:27 PM

Was there an early episode where he referred to him as uncle?

FlyWf 10-13-2006 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He hasn't been a main character in past seasons or the current one. He's simply someone that Omar trusts and confides in, and facilitates deals between Omar and various 3rd parties. If you remember, he's the one who gave the police officer's gun back to Bunk after Bunk was grilling Omar about it earlier in the episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

The mod was discussing an unaired episode. Where is Dids?

stabn 10-13-2006 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

********************************. Where is Dids?

[/ QUOTE ]

No one knew this until you said it. Edit?