Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

loxsmith 02-09-2007 02:00 PM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

Just arrived in bangkok, here are my observaions.

Don't drop cigrette butts on the floor near policemen. Instant 2K baht fine.

Dont be taken in by english speaking thais showing you round the sights and then offering you food at a restaurant. Trust me, the bill will be extortionate. Refuse to pay and you will enjoy the company of well built doormen.

Taxis on the meter are cheaper than Tuk Tuks.

Don't bring a full bag. Everything is soooooooooo cheap, you could arrive without a bag and still be just fine.

If you plan to take a night train north to chiang mai, book well in advance as they fill up pretty quickly.

WhoIam 02-09-2007 07:25 PM

I'll be heading to Thailand for a while in mid to late March. Would anyone be interested in getting a place together?

octopi 02-09-2007 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just arrived in bangkok, here are my observaions.

Dont be taken in by english speaking thais showing you round the sights and then offering you food at a restaurant. Trust me, the bill will be extortionate. Refuse to pay and you will enjoy the company of well built doormen.

Don't bring a full bag. Everything is soooooooooo cheap, you could arrive without a bag and still be just fine.

If you plan to take a night train north to chiang mai, book well in advance as they fill up pretty quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored]. I hope this is laden with sarcasm.

init2winit 02-09-2007 10:49 PM

hey Degen, where are those hot girl pics u promised?

SvensHorse 02-12-2007 02:43 PM

hey just read the whole thread, now i got a problem: I really want to go to Thailand -.-

So i just decided i'll go to thailand in november-january.
What is the best way to travel through the country.

veganmav 02-12-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Haven't read the thread, but just noticed that it has the most replies in OOT history.

[/ QUOTE ]

False.

[/ QUOTE ]

link to prove it wrong plz

Ribsauce 02-12-2007 03:05 PM

I didn't know diarrhea was such a problem. I never got anything close it while there for 3 months.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

on this note, did anyone ever go to the big gold buddah or whatever every tuk tuk driver around khao san tries to drag you too. I was sure it was some type of scam so I never did but I'm curious what it was.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not dropped a single butt or match on the ground since I arrived in Thailand including the 4 months I have been in America since returning. I never got caught either, just heard about it.

Anyways, I might be going to work in the middle east and if so I'm going to try to catch a full moon party sometime if it falls on my vacation time. I'll be sure to hit you guys up if I get lucky enough to get a 10 day vacation in Thailand. God I miss it

WhoIam 02-12-2007 08:39 PM

Do Thai people realize that we don't have this kind of buying power in our home countries? Or do they just think we're rich people who happen to be vacationing it Thailand?

Theoretically, if I wanted to bang 24 hookers in 24 hours for my 24th birthday, how much would it set me back? Assume slightly above average doable hookers, nothing premium.

TimM 02-12-2007 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Haven't read the thread, but just noticed that it has the most replies in OOT history.

[/ QUOTE ]

False.

[/ QUOTE ]

link to prove it wrong plz

[/ QUOTE ]

LINK!

TimM 02-12-2007 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Theoretically, if I wanted to bang 24 hookers in 24 hours for my 24th birthday, how much would it set me back?

[/ QUOTE ]

About 100K in medical bills?