Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Worst week in the history of the world? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382229)

iMsoLucky0 04-18-2007 06:22 PM

Worst week in the history of the world?

I have always noticed how much awful stuff happens around my birthday and someone else pointed it out in the Vtech thread. The week surrounding April 18th, or basically like April 15th-22nd or so has seemed to have very many tragic events throughout history.

Just to name a few:
OBV the Virginia Tech psycho this week.
Columbine
OKC Bombing
Waco Massacre
Hitler was born
1906 SF Earthquake
Titanic sank

Also, two of my now-wife's living grandparents died (one on my birthday the other the day before) after we started dating, but that's not very relevant.

Are there any other 7 day periods in history that have as much evil in them, or is this as bad as it gets?

edit: I guess I'm talking about all stuff happening in America or affecting Americans. Probably should've named the post "worst week in American history" but would be interesting if other countries had their own evil weeks too.

Alobar 04-18-2007 06:26 PM

Re: Worst week in the history of the world?

[ QUOTE ]
I have always noticed how much awful stuff happens around my birthday and someone else pointed it out in the Vtech thread. The week surrounding April 18th, or basically like April 15th-22nd or so has seemed to have very many tragic events throughout history.

Just to name a few:
OBV the Virginia Tech psycho this week.
Columbine
OKC Bombing
Waco Massacre
Hitler was born
1906 SF Earthquake
Titanic sank

Also, two of my now-wife's living grandparents died (one on my birthday the other the day before) after we started dating, but that's not very relevant.

Are there any other 7 day periods in history that have as much evil in them, or is this as bad as it gets?

[/ QUOTE ]

well lets see, there are 52 weeks in the year and about a million horrible things that have happened throughout history. Statistically the fact you only came up with 7 means this week is actually the least evil week in the year!!

iMsoLucky0 04-18-2007 06:28 PM

Well I'm not the only one to have noticed it, and each of those 7 things were pretty major. I doubt there are millions of things out there that compare to most on that list and I'd be surprised to see a week with as many major occurrences.

firstyearclay 04-18-2007 06:28 PM

this thread sucks.

fyc

iMsoLucky0 04-18-2007 06:29 PM

Sorry.

Also, signing every post fyc sucks.

Alobar 04-18-2007 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I'm not the only one to have noticed it, and each of those 7 things were pretty major. I doubt there are millions of things out there that compare to most on that list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? The titanic sinking and the VT shootings you think are at the top of the list of most horrible things in all of history?

Id say its like bottom .001%

gobboboy 04-18-2007 06:31 PM

This thread rocks because I have always held this opinion too. Birfday is tomorrow.

iMsoLucky0 04-18-2007 06:32 PM

That's why I said most and edited it to clarify I was talking about American tragedies.

Yes, I'd say Titanic is one of the larger well known travesties in American history.

bugstud 04-18-2007 06:32 PM

cmon, taxes being due has to be #1 on this list

MasterLJ 04-18-2007 06:32 PM

Where's Captain Hyperbole when you need him? HE'S LIKE THE BEST GIMMICK ACCOUNT IN THE HISTORY OF THE INTERWEBS!!!!!!!!