Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   S Million AQ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=481562)

Austiger 08-19-2007 07:33 PM

S Million AQ

By memory... new table for me so no read.

Blinds 400/800 ante 50 (I think)

MP (~20K) raises to 3500.
Hero (~15K) is in CO w AQo.

Can you ever fold this?

graarrg 08-19-2007 08:22 PM

Re: S Million AQ

I do, but maybe that's why I lose a lot of MTTs.

Tim H 08-19-2007 09:30 PM

call and see a flop with position unless villian is the kind to push any flop ... then you might have a nasty decision with a big pot on the flop. If villian is the kind that checks all flops that miss him then I definately call.

BrandiFan 08-19-2007 09:34 PM

shove

Austiger 08-19-2007 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call and see a flop with position unless villian is the kind to push any flop ... then you might have a nasty decision with a big pot on the flop. If villian is the kind that checks all flops that miss him then I definately call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea who villain is.

I think this is push/fold, but my experience has been that >4xBB PF raises are usually hands that are going to call my push and I'm well behind the range. Any other thoughts?

Pokerfarian 08-20-2007 09:35 AM

Definitely in push fold mode...I think I shove AQ but fold AJ but I'd fold AQ as well if I had any "tight" read on villian

black666 08-20-2007 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call and see a flop

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, that's bad. The raise is over 20% of our stack! Given the fact that we miss 2/3 of the flops, you are virtually donating your chips to villain's stack.

I shove this all day long. Also, a bigger PFR means "I hate this hand (88-JJ, AT-AJ) and I just want the blinds ... so would everyone fold please?" more often than a monster.

levAA 08-20-2007 11:14 AM

i agree this might not be premium hands, but medium PP most of the time.

i also think that you will face AJ sometimes, but on the other hand people also play AK sometimes that way.

i don't expect to see AT quite often.

so the main question is if you have any FE with a push.

if you push villain gets pot odds of 1:1,7 - so he will only fold if he thinks you have an overpair.

On the other side your M is down to about 7, so i don't think you will find any more situations better than this.

therefore i would base my decision completly on the short M and push this on.

BAK 08-20-2007 02:29 PM

I think you have a good stack size for a push here. Without any information, I would assume you had some FE along with a hand that should do OK if he calls, although you are really hoping he folds, needless to say. This looks like a good spot to pick up some chips, given what you have told us.

SuperUberBob 08-20-2007 06:05 PM

This is a great spot to shove preflop.