Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Hand I observed (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523439)

danzasmack 10-15-2007 01:16 PM

Hand I observed

Game is a mediocre 30/60 game that just filled up (6 handed). Hero just sat down this is his 1st hand.

Hero is in BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain opens OTB, hero defend.

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero c/c.

Turn 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero c/c.

River 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Hero checks with intention of folding.

Anyway what are your thoughts on this hand. TBH it blew my mind/kept me up at night.

jba 10-15-2007 01:21 PM

Re: Hand I observed

It blows my mind that it blows your mind.

pf: no other way to play it
flop: I often c/r the flop here but it has to be marginal. there may be more to gain by calling if we often get a free river. this is the only questionable street IMO.

turn: standard as played, we're hoping for a free card and I think when we don't get it our fold eq is pretty low. but we have plenty of outs to continue.

river: we lose

noles321 10-15-2007 01:54 PM

Since it was a button raise and his range could be huge. I think a flop c/r or donk on the flop might be good. B/F turn uninproved. I probably play it the way it was played but I think I am re-evaluating that stance after reading it.

HOWMANY 10-15-2007 03:11 PM

Looks like standard flop c/r to fold out the best hand immediately/on the turn. When I'm running bad/playing bad and I c/c flop then I just c/c down after catching a pair on the turn like hero did.

JustZak 10-15-2007 03:39 PM

I really hate how this hand played. I never c/c this flop with a gutshot and a backdoor flush draw. I'd just fold, but if I'm continuing I'd much rather c/r than c/c.

DeathDonkey 10-15-2007 03:40 PM

This is style-dependent IMO. Some people that CR this flop will never have an ace, they should not CR with 54 if that's the case. As played I would have called the river probably.

-DeathDonkey

admiralfluff 10-15-2007 04:00 PM

I would never ever just c/c this flop. My default is fold. If I have some read or recent table history that makes me believe continuing is worthwhile, I c/r, but I c/r a lot of flops.

Keepitsimple 10-15-2007 04:06 PM

People dont bluffraise enough where I play so its best to play OOP fast.

Probably quite exploitable if I ever play vs a guy who raises turn/river with the right frequencies.

JustZak 10-15-2007 04:16 PM

I also don't think preflop should be standard. Against some of the players with tighter steal ranges I think its better to fold this preflop.

admiralfluff 10-15-2007 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't think preflop should be standard. Against some of the players with tighter steal ranges I think its better to fold this preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with 100% of this content matters.