Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   4bet bluff vs 2p2er flops top pair (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514386)

aislephive 10-02-2007 11:35 PM

4bet bluff vs 2p2er flops top pair

Villain is Pudge_714, got him at 25/21 over a big datamined sample. No history that I can recall though except he 3bet me once before blind on blind and I folded. My image is probably 21/18 aggro or something.

Preflop is whatever, he 3bets a lot and I can likely get him off a lot of hands since we don't yet have any history. I expect him to fold everything but AK/JJ+. Not sure what exactly he is calling my 4bet with, I'm guessing stuff like 99-QQ maybe?

What should I do on the flop? If you check how do you respond to a $150 flop bet? And if I bet I've gotta call a shove, I think.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($937.95)
BB ($214.04)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($783.40)</font>
MP ($428.50)
Button ($433.40)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $54</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $119</font>, Button calls $65.

Flop: ($244) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero

Jay Riall 10-02-2007 11:38 PM

Re: 4bet bluff vs 2p2er flops top pair

I think he very, very rarely has Ax here, so I treat this as the best hand the vast majority of the time. I'm not quite sure what the best line is to maximise though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Possibly bet like $100?

cbboy 10-02-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he very, very rarely has Ax here, so I treat this as the best hand the vast majority of the time. I'm not quite sure what the best line is to maximise though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Possibly bet like $100?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that he rarely has an A. Although I don't like betting like $100 here. I would prefer checking here in hopes that he puts us on a bluff/mid pair and tries to bluff us.

rand 10-02-2007 11:45 PM

c/f flop &gt; bet fold &gt; bet call (unless odds are right bc he is NEVER bluffing this flop if you lead)

i think he would be content with checking it down with PP
i may call a turn bet
if its checked to river i think i make a small vbet but if you check i think i would call a small vbet also

its hard without history and OOP, i prolly would 4bet bluff in this spot, he is 3betting your UTG raise

i think its much better to 4bet bluff when the blinds 3bet you...

FionnMac 10-02-2007 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/f flop &gt; bet fold &gt; bet call (unless odds are right bc he is NEVER bluffing this flop if you lead)

i may call a turn bet
if its checked to river i think i make a small vbet but if you check i think i would call a small vbet also

its hard without history and OOP, i prolly would 4bet bluff in this spot, he is 3betting your UTG raise

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL wtf??

I bet/call this all day, i'd bet this flop almost 100% with air so vs a reg i play alot against i'm betting fo sho.

Btw A5, i really wanna know your sn, but you're not gunna tell me are ya? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

rand 10-02-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i may call a turn bet

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL wtf??

I bet/call this all day, i'd bet this flop almost 100% with air so vs a reg i play alot against i'm betting fo sho.

Btw A5, i really wanna know your sn, but you're not gunna tell me are ya? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol 1.im right 2. no but not bc i dont want to play u 3. so you think hes bluffing with JJ+ or that hes folding AQ? or do you think he calls the 4bet with KQ and will then bluff us off of the best hand?

Irish Mafia 10-02-2007 11:55 PM

This is very tricky imo. In fact, b/c you 4-bet so small here, he could practically have anything - including A-x. I mean, while AK would probably 5-bet shove on you - he might get stubborn w/ random suited aces. I would prob. c/c the flop and see what develops on the turn. If he checks behind, you bet like half pot on turn and hope to get called from random PPs.

cbboy 10-02-2007 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i may call a turn bet

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL wtf??

[/ QUOTE ]

lol 1.im right 2. no but not bc i dont want to play u 3. so you think hes bluffing with JJ+ or that hes folding AQ? or do you think he calls the 4bet with KQ and will then bluff us off of the best hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh.....no.

Irish Mafia 10-02-2007 11:59 PM

For those in the bet/call camp, you really think he's going to bluff over our cbet on an A-high board? b/c he most CERTAINLY is not going to raise/shove a worse hand for value. i.e., KK is not going to shove.

REalistically, villain would have to be VERY bluffy and/or view hero as a total total maniac to try and bluff in a 4-bet pot w/ an A on bd.

Jay Riall 10-03-2007 12:00 AM

Hactually, spoke about this with another poster and we both like open shove.