Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Hypothetical TT: Getting 3bet IP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537528)

ICMoney 11-03-2007 11:48 AM

Hypothetical TT: Getting 3bet IP

Hypothetical:

50nl

Assume 120bb stacks and BB has a 3bet% of 5 or 6% from the blinds, even against early/middle position raisers.

You pfr utg $2 w/ T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the bb makes it $8 to go.

Are you calling this? If so, what's the plan for:

A/Kxx
Q/Jxx
9/8xx

I suck in 3bet pots IP or OOP.

Feel free to say what you'd do with 100bb, 150bb, 200bb stacks or with JJ/99/whatever.

Thanks.

wingchunflush 11-03-2007 11:50 AM

Re: TT: Getting 3bet IP

I am calling. It would help to know how many BB $8 is. IMO this is AJ+ so pretty much looking for a low flop or a set.

ICMoney 11-03-2007 11:52 AM

Yeah, mixed bb and $ in there.

Assume 50nl.

Stacks are $60 +/-

Profish2285 11-03-2007 11:53 AM

I call here and call a flop bet if there are unders or a flop with one over. If there are two overs I fold, just too likely that villain hit one of them.

ICMoney 11-03-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call here and call a flop bet if there are unders or a flop with one over. If there are two overs I fold, just too likely that villain hit one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

So say flop is Q74 and the turn is 2o and he bets 1/2 pot or 3/5 or w/e.

Pitch, call?

Thanks.

Profish2285 11-03-2007 11:58 AM

I probably pitch because I just dont see many people double barreling air. I would need to know villain is at least semi capable of this before I start putting my stack in with second pair.

Mr_Pathetic 11-03-2007 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So say flop is Q74 and the turn is 2o and he bets 1/2 or 3/5 or w/e pot.

Pitch, call?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really depends for me. Once it gets to turn it is more read dependent for me. Some people bet TP on turn too some don't is one example. So if he is one of those who bet flop, check turn, bet river with TP hands then I might try and deduce what his double barrel freq is and work from there. Like on this board if he doesn't three barrel TP hands then he either has AA-KK or something that can't take heat.

ICMoney 11-03-2007 12:04 PM

So say flop is 924r and turn is 7o and he bets 60% pot.

Call/Raise flop?

If call flop:

Assume his turn continuation bet % is 60%

He is capable of firing two shots, but picks his spots.

We just let go here too?

Thanks yo

Profish2285 11-03-2007 12:09 PM

If he is smart then he would realize that double barreling on such a non threatening board with a whiffed hand is terrible. Assuming he is decent, after you call the flop he has to put you on an overpair or AK looking to peel one. Since overpairs consist of many more combos, it would appear that they are the heaviest part of your range. I dont think he would try to get you to fold an overpair on this board, so a bet on the turn would look like its for value. I guess what I am trying to say here is the board is almost irrelevant when it gets to the turn, minus an A or K coming out of course. But I could be wrong here, this is just how I play em. I really dont like getting stacks in here with less than QQ against most people. I play JJ and TT similarly and just try to get to showdown as cheap as possible in spots like this, but I could be missing value sometimes I guess.

Mr_Pathetic 11-03-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So say flop is 924r and turn is 7o and he bets 60% pot.

Call/Raise flop?

If call flop:

Assume his turn continuation bet % is 60%

He is capable of firing two shots, but picks his spots.

We just let go here too?

Thanks yo

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I think I might raise flop sometimes and I might call. I think I do same on turn. Problem with calling is you must know if he is capable of doing this with A high and being able to read him well when the ace, king, queen hits. I never use cbet stats cause they never tell you what boards he bets on. The problem here though is once you call flop your hand looks like a PP or some kind of SC to most villains who have somewhat of a clue.

Edit: once you call flop should be once you call his 3bet PF.