Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

mookboi 11-21-2007 05:41 AM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

Hi,

I'm looking for 50NL regs to exchange hand histories with. I got about 50K hands this month, and am looking for someone who'd be interested in swapping all the hands where we lost more than $10, overlooking them, and commenting briefly (1 line) on what they thought the other person did wrong, if the hand wasn't a standard cooler (QQ vrs KK or something).

I think this wouldn't take more than a couple of hours, would be cheaper than coaching, and might identify leaks in both of our games.

If yer interested, and want to swap those losing hand histories over say past X amount of hands, that'd be fine with me, since I know everyone plays different amounts of hands round here.

Anyone up for this?

EDIT: Please note, 50NL regs. Not lower limit people who moved up last week. Someone who plays 50NL everyday, for a while, etc. I'm sm0kelm on Stars.

genius55 11-21-2007 05:48 AM

i would be interested mookboi but i'm starting to gear towards HU so i assume u prob want sh players.

ama0330 11-21-2007 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got about 50K hands this month

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty crazy...

ama0330 11-21-2007 06:09 AM

Guys, dont post boring hands in the microbrew thread. Thats what BBV is for.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12768376

From now on I'm just going to delete your post and put a link to BBV instead because my finger is tired from having to scroll through your endless crap.

ShipitFMA 11-21-2007 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sm0kelm on Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] was there history?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Diegoli (UTG): $31.70
blancikpl (MP): $14.10
EdgeOfTheEel (CO): $57.70
sm0kelm (BTN): $47.65
Hero (SB): $55.70
stackinkids (BB): $108.90

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
3 folds, <font color="red">sm0kelm raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $1.75, <font color="red">stackinkids raises to $9</font>, sm0kelm calls $7, Hero folds

Flop: ($20) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">stackinkids bets $12</font>, <font color="red">sm0kelm raises to $38.65 and is All-In</font>, stackinkids calls $26.65

Turn: ($97.30) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($97.30) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $97.30 Pot ($3 Rake)
sm0kelm showed J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a straight, Ten to Ace) and WON $94.30 (+$46.65 NET)
stackinkids showed T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Tens) and LOST (-$47.65 NET)

Too weak on my behalf? shrug...

Pm me for aim, i dno if i can do the HH swapping, but chatting would be good

ama0330 11-21-2007 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sm0kelm on Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I [censored] hate poker. I ran so goddamn bad last night. I ran into sm0kelm at a few of my tables and he owned me so hard. I flop and set and he flops broad way. All night long I couldnt hit a set, I couldnt make a flush. My top pair hands would get check called all the way down then they would hit their kicker on the river. I lose A LOT of money. Back down to [censored] 10nl. I [censored] hate you poker

[/ QUOTE ]

ama0330 11-21-2007 06:17 AM

Also that AJo hand is beyond gross

creamfillin 11-21-2007 06:20 AM

When did you guys start taking shots @ 100NL? I'm scurrred.

ShipitFMA 11-21-2007 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a few weekends time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ama0330 11-21-2007 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I realised that its exactly the same as 50nl, you just have to be on your toes. Took periodic 1 and 2bi shots at about 2.2k, moved up permanently at 3k, had trouble and moved back down to lagify myself, then won tourney for 3k so moved up again and found that 100nl is really not very difficult.

Then cashed out 80% of roll because real life money is gr8 and now am at 50nl again.

corsakh 11-21-2007 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, 3betting anything lower than JJ OOP is spew 99.9% of the time, dont bother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explanation. Please. Or blood.

Nemesis69 11-21-2007 06:46 AM

What do you guys think of my christmas avatar?

http://kipin.net/images/tpt/spartaxmas.gif

creamfillin 11-21-2007 06:47 AM

LOL

What app do you use to make those things? I used some shareware program that expired, need a new one.

ama0330 11-21-2007 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the record, 3betting anything lower than JJ OOP is spew 99.9% of the time, dont bother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explanation. Please. Or blood.

[/ QUOTE ]

turns your hand into a bluff in a huge pot OOP, cant think of a much worse place to be

Nemesis69 11-21-2007 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL

What app do you use to make those things? I used some shareware program that expired, need a new one.

[/ QUOTE ]

BBV4L [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

corsakh 11-21-2007 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
turns your hand into a bluff

[/ QUOTE ]
How tight should one's opening range be that TT were not significantly in front of his mean? If its a 12/8 nit opening UTG its one thing. If its a 20/15 TAG opening CO its a completely different story.

[ QUOTE ]
huge

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't have to put any more money in if you think you are behind his calling range.

[ QUOTE ]
OOP

[/ QUOTE ]
Completely overrated concept in 3bet pots. Position requires good psr ratio to come into play. 3bet pot on the flop 100BB deep is a pushament.

I understand where you are coming from with the bluff thing. I'd never do this with 88 and lower for obvious reasons. Difference with TT-99 is that those hands have good showdown value but are very bad to see flops with. Especially OOP. We crush 88 and lower. We are ahead of all unpaired cards. Usually we are crushing villains range. We don't want to see flops to see overcards or give him an opportunity to hit a set. Its a pure protection bet against the flop. We have the best hand and we want the pot now.

bazooka87 11-21-2007 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm doing it now, I'm a huge bankroll nit though. Up 4 buyins in 1000 hands so far, so decent start I suppose

ama0330 11-21-2007 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Difference with TT-99 is that those hands have good showdown value but are very bad to see flops with.

[/ QUOTE ]

????

You have to see the flop to get to SD... you are saying that "this hand has good showdown value, so lets do everything possible to avoid getting to SD"?

Remember that when you talk about preflop equity, you are talking about the percentage of times a hand will prevail when ALL cards are dealt. So if TT has like 40% equity against a range, that's its showdown equity. Obviously this equity changes by street and villains ranges are dynamic, but by saying that you crush villains range but you dont want to go to SD, well the only way to "lock in" that equity is to shove preflop...

corsakh 11-21-2007 07:27 AM

No. I don't avoid a SD. Most of the time we are going to see very difficult flops with TT OOP. We are rarely going to see a SD with TT OOP and when we do we are not going to win big pots but we are likely to loose some on the way if you play it for anything but set value.

3betting TT I make a SD close and real to the villains eyes. I force him to put his stack at risk. I force him to hit the flop or fold. I turn the hand into a pushament. I negate his positional advantage. I deny him the ability to play poker with me on later streets and outplay me.

In position sometimes I might choose to call cos I don't mind later streets.

creamfillin 11-21-2007 07:35 AM

Cash is really boring me tonight. I have the sudden urge to play sit-n-gays. Goodbye today's profits.

Gelford 11-21-2007 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, dont post boring hands in the microbrew thread. Thats what BBV is for.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12768376

From now on I'm just going to delete your post and put a link to BBV instead because my finger is tired from having to scroll through your endless crap.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

ama0330 11-21-2007 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3betting TT I make a SD close and real to the villains eyes. I force him to put his stack at risk. I force him to hit the flop or fold. I turn the hand into a pushament. I negate his positional advantage. I deny him the ability to play poker with me on later streets and outplay me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but how does that makes 3betting TT correct as opposed to 3betting any other hand?

MrWooster 11-21-2007 07:56 AM

Don't suppose anyone would be up for doing a small transfer.... $61.21 on carlospoker for $60 on stars?....

corsakh 11-21-2007 07:57 AM

You can just do a chipdump for any ipoker skin.

corsakh 11-21-2007 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but how does that makes 3betting TT correct as opposed to 3betting any other hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

With TT we still have a valuehand on the flop against a right opponent. Even if an overcard like a K or an A drops, its is not as scary because villain does not have the preflop initiative and is not going to bluff us out of the pot without a hand but give us credit for AK. Against a tighter opponent we can even c/f since we make enough money preflop and implied profit from AA/KK later in the session.

ama0330 11-21-2007 08:48 AM

Corsakh, think I might start a new thread about this. FWIW I dont disagree with you at all, just think its interesting. Ill post a link here.

ama0330 11-21-2007 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Corsakh, think I might start a new thread about this. FWIW I dont disagree with you at all, just think its interesting. Ill post a link here.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...c=#Post13059067

creamfillin 11-21-2007 10:59 AM

Do you guys ever call 100bb 4-bet shoves with QQ readless? I thought the shove would mean AK some other crap alot of the time but it seems I'm always running into KK/AA. This seems even more true with the 40/30 donks for some reason.

bored 11-21-2007 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally got around to watching new Futurama movie, recommended

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

ShipitFMA 11-21-2007 11:51 AM

man, seeing all these players at higher stakes who were at uNL not long ago is such an incentive to grind my way up. I'm pretty excited to see where im at in 6 months time, *crosses fingers*.

Spurious 11-21-2007 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man, seeing all these players at higher stakes who were at uNL not long ago is such an incentive to grind my way up. I'm pretty excited to see where im at in 6 months time, *crosses fingers*.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wonder if i am stupid or why does players turn 200$ into 20k$ within 2months (like Antonious).

I wonder what they do differently.

bored 11-21-2007 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i wonder if i am stupid or why does players turn 200$ into 20k$ within 2months (like Antonious).

[/ QUOTE ]

They run good and don't tilt.

fozzy71 11-21-2007 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really want some inspiration, or perhaps a reason to just end it all now - check out the graphs of CTS, The Bryce, and Krantz in this BBV thread.

Please to be winning me a million $ in a month.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&amp;fpart=1

bored 11-21-2007 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really want some inspiration, or perhaps a reason to just end it all now - check out the graphs of CTS, The Bryce, and Krantz in this BBV thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already know what that link is w/o looking and it will either inspire or depress you uNL...

Nemesis69 11-21-2007 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is like so [censored] awesome.

monkover 11-21-2007 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They run good and don't tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

crazy monkey tilt has been my biggest prob so far too... eating 200nl actually is pretty easy the prob comes in when you start tilting...

derosnec 11-21-2007 12:36 PM

nittish (16/10) tags slowplay AA/KK in 3bet pots so much in my experience that i don't know what do postflop against these guys.

example from yesterday:

16/10 opens in mp, i 3bet QQ. flop is low, no flush draw (like 236r). i bet and he makes a potize raise (lol, amateurs). i'm sitting there thinking, "ok he would either shove or call with a lower PP/AK and he would take this line with AA, maybe KK" i sound weak tight but i just keep seeing the sames things over and over that i can almost sense AA. or maybe i need a break

Wilpro 11-21-2007 12:40 PM

Always hear stories of people turning $10 into a $10,000 in a month and stuff, how the hell do people beat the games so bad, do they never go through the crappy downswings like some of us?

derosnec 11-21-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Always hear stories of people turning $10 into a $10,000 in a month and stuff, how the hell do people beat the games so bad, do they never go through the crappy downswings like some of us?

[/ QUOTE ]

monkeys on typewriters

Mr_Pathetic 11-21-2007 12:42 PM

there is a new phenomenon going on at NL25 on FTP. It is called minbet call the raise on the flop then minbet and call the raise on the turn with any pair or any draw. I just wonder what is going through their minds when the minbet flop and get raised then do it again? They cannot think they have the best hand and getting value. It is a draw a lot of times but one guy just kept doing it with any hand over and over and over. This reminds me of NL2 on stars and I haven't seen people play like this since August when I was at NL5. Guess I am getting betting at game selection after all....