Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   2 pair and nut flush draw faces a raise on straightenig board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521546)

CianCrillz 10-12-2007 02:20 PM

2 pair and nut flush draw faces a raise on straightenig board

Just joined the table, literally my second hand, no read on villain. I flop a big hand and make two pair on the turn, unsure how to proceed.

Do i assume I am ahead here and raise?
Do I cold call and hope for club on river?
What if I don't get a club on the river, do I check?

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $4.97
UTG: $5.15
BTN: $2.77
Hero (SB): $3.01

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, BTN calls $0.02, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.18) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.10</font>, BTN calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.38) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.30</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.90</font>, <font color="red">Hero?</font>,

Nemesis69 10-12-2007 02:28 PM

Re: 2 pair and nut flush draw faces a raise on straightenig board

I'm shoving here. Villian likes his hand very much. You have a hand with a lot of showdown value and the nut flush draw. If you just call now. The money will be going in on the river imo. If he has a set, or a straight it's just a cooler. I'm stacking off here.

AZplaya 10-12-2007 02:31 PM

3 bet all in looks good...you have a monster.

bsball8806 10-12-2007 02:34 PM

Shove is good here, We have 9 clubs as outs, 2 jacks, 2 aces, and there's even a (very) small chance we're ahead.

BevillTheDevil 10-12-2007 03:31 PM

bet more on the flop and push over the top on the turn. If villian has a set/KQ its a cooler.

Aceium 10-12-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shove is good here, We have 9 clubs as outs, 2 jacks, 2 aces, and there's even a (very) small chance we're ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think that there's only a very small chance that we're ahead here. Villan just called on the flop so you must be putting him on KQ here?

buttonpusher 10-12-2007 04:15 PM

I would shove here. You are very likely to be ahead already and if you are behind to a set or kq, you still have alot of outs to win.

bsball8806 10-12-2007 04:25 PM

just realized its .01/.02, yeah there's a somewhat decent chance we're ahead. It doesn't change our decision to shove, though

Pokey 10-12-2007 05:55 PM

Raise more preflop. After Button calls and with me OOP, I'm raising to about $0.15 or so -- if he wants to play, he's got to pay. Alternatively, you can just limp preflop and play it for a monster hit. (That's probably not a good choice for normal players, but it's how I would have done it. What can I say -- I'm weird in the SB.)

Bet more on the flop. You're barely putting in 1/2 the pot; at these stakes, you'll need to bet damn near the full pot to have any respect for your c-bets. As played I'd make it $0.15 to $0.20 on the flop -- if he wants to keep going, he's got to pay the price.

On the turn you again make a flimsy bet. You've got two pair but the board is quite scary with two flush draws and some potential straight fears. I'd probably throw in $0.35 or $0.40 as my turn bet in this situation -- I'm OOP and I don't want villain getting a cheap look at the river. As played, I'm just going to three-bet all-in. If villain has some sneaky hand I've still got my flush and boat outs to a winner; otherwise, I'm ahead. I think I'm ahead of villain's calling range often enough for it to be +EV to push. It also avoids an awkward river decision where I could make a huge FTOP mistake. Instead, I'd rather have VILLAIN make the mistakes on the turn.

CianCrillz 10-12-2007 06:02 PM

thanks for all the input, just one thing I would like to ask about over betting the pot. I tend to never do this, and I am wondering if it is something I should be doing more often.

In the hand I actually did push all in, the villain called and actually had KQ. I hit a club on the river and took the pot.