Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   JJ, med size pot, flop shove (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513479)

Yort Mada 10-01-2007 08:54 PM

JJ, med size pot, flop shove

he is 20/14, thats the only read i have on him.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $18.85
BB: $9.75
Hero (UTG): $10.00
CO: $10.00
BTN: $15.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $1.10</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.35</font>, BB calls $2.25

Flop: ($6.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $6.65</font>, BB calls all-in for $6.40

Pot Size: $19.80

thx

whyzze 10-01-2007 08:57 PM

Re: JJ, med size pot, flop shove

The 4bet preflop isn't necessary and generally not a great idea without a read imo. But jacks can be tough to play...I dont think its wrong, but whatever.

Anyways, you have position, so I would call here.

Not really any other way to play the flop with that much money in there...it sucks. But you cant really fold and neither can he.

I guess you could try and check it down.

DonManuel 10-01-2007 09:44 PM

When you 4-bet preflop you should be willing to put all your money in on almost any flop. However, I don't think the way of doing it is shoving with an overcard showing. Only hands that beat you will call (I think AQ or TT will rarely call here). CRAI and let those hands bluff you

EDIT: I just saw you are in position, so I'm checking behind the flop and shoving/calling any non Q/A turn

TVisdoG 10-01-2007 09:51 PM

I prefer a flat call of his re-raise and a check behind on the flop. See what the turn brings and go from there.. maybe take a stab at it if the turn is blank and he checks to you again.

corsakh 10-01-2007 09:54 PM

Any point to your posts? You discussed a similar hand last night, yet again you get involved into 4bet wars with bad holdings.

Yort Mada 10-01-2007 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you 4-bet preflop you should be willing to put all your money in on almost any flop. However, I don't think the way of doing it is not shoving with an overcard showing. Only hands that beat you will call (I think AQ or TT will rarely call here). CRAI and let those hands bluff you

whats the difference on the flop/turn? there is still a big ole K showing, if i'm pushing the flop on a blank, i dont see a reason not to on the turn. thoughts?

EDIT: I just saw you are in position, so I'm checking behind the flop and shoving/calling any non Q/A turn

[/ QUOTE ]