Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   27T: In no man's land vs The Venetian (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540597)

TruFloridaGator 11-07-2007 03:35 PM

27T: In no man\'s land vs The Venetian

Yes, pf is uncharacteristic, but both blind players were tight & he could steal very wide almost always here.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1860)
UTG+1 (t1295)
MP1 (t1295)
MP2 (t1425)
MP3 (t2080)
CO (t1110)
Button (t1365)
SB (t1585)
Hero (t1485)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises to t125</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t305</font>, Button calls t180

Flop: (t685) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: (t685) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero ?

On the flop, I didn't think he would get away from JJ or QQ
If I bet the turn I fold out AK and maybe JJ. However, I'm not sure what the hell he was thinking after I didn't follow up the flop. I thought he thought maybe that I was trying to trap his JJ or QQ.

JacJacAtk 11-07-2007 03:58 PM

Re: 27T: In no man\'s land vs The Venetian

I don't know if he steals all that wide from the button here, but I don't have a huge hand sample to base that on. I've seen him go to war with fairly little vs a pre-flop re-raiser in this spot and let go when he has nothing, but if you check the turn what are you representing, a missed AK? I'm not sure betting at this point does you any good.

I don't think I like the re-raise pre-flop, but I'm interested in hearing other opinions. I wonder if I play too predictably versus regulars.

vers 11-07-2007 04:08 PM

I am just flatting pre as well.

On the flop I am cbetting half pot and mucking to shove. As played I am betting turn too as I'm pretty sure you're ahead here and I don't want to give out more free cardss. I think you're being overly optimistic thinking he is going to muck JJ here (I think he bets flop after you checking or re-raises pre AI)...

mad_gambl3r 11-07-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am just flatting pre as well.

On the flop I am cbetting half pot and mucking to shove. As played I am betting turn too as I'm pretty sure you're ahead here and I don't want to give out more free cardss. I think you're being overly optimistic thinking he is going to muck JJ here (I think he bets flop after you checking or re-raises pre AI)...

[/ QUOTE ]

Flat calling pre and then betting half the pot on the flop seems somewhat exploitable. It's almost like you're saying "My hand might be good, but I don't like it too much and I'm praying you don't play back at me."

I almost like just throwing the hand away preflop so you don't have to play a small pp OOP. Seems better to just avoid what is most likely a -EV scenario to begin with.

vers 11-07-2007 04:47 PM

oh I meant that as played (by re-raising pre) I am betting the flop.

If I had flatted pre and missed the flop I would've check/folded.

sean457j 11-07-2007 04:56 PM

I think restealing in this situation I would raise somewhere in the region of 400-500, I think you have to make the kind of bet that signifies all the money could end up in the middle.

As played, I would 400 on the turn.

Little John 11-07-2007 05:22 PM

i probably call and try to hit a set.

FWIW - if he opens top 20% (33 A4o A2s KQo KTs) and only calls top 5% (AQ TT) then pushing pre is +.19%

mad_gambl3r 11-07-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i probably call and try to hit a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's generally what I do as well. I'm not a big fan of playing large pots with small pairs. Calling also allows you to throw out a pot-sized bet that doesn't commit you to the hand on the flop when it comes rags and misses potential overcards.

jmill2511 11-07-2007 05:38 PM

Really don't like 3 betting pre if you're going to check this flop.

MikeMcQ1 11-07-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really don't like 3 betting pre if you're going to check this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]