Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Correct turn check? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547389)

l0gician 11-16-2007 02:33 AM

Correct turn check?

UTG is 71/3 80 hands
only have 2 hands with SB

I only have about 10k hands at this level but it really seems like an easy fold on the river bet. I don't know what you do here on the turn since I really think UTG could have almost anything, 2 5 3 whatever.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

rzk 11-16-2007 03:21 AM

Re: Correct turn check?

i think you played it fine.

Rednas 11-16-2007 06:43 AM

One of them has at least a pair and will take it to showdown, don't put more money in this pot.

aargh57 11-16-2007 10:57 AM

Yeah, this is fine. I know you're tempted to c-bet the turn but with 2 players calling the flop I think a turn check is best here. On the river, SB is very rarely betting into 2 players without a pair or better.

Mitke 11-16-2007 11:16 AM

Two hands on SB = he posted UTG? -&gt; likely he isn't very good?

I guess the fold is fine but Hero waved the white flag high and hard when that 3rd flush &amp; straight card dropped on turn inviting river bluffs (and value bets from weak made hands) from anyone with cojones.

My finger is itching for a call once the loose player folds but since there's two cards in the "cold-call area" I think fold is still best vs an unknown.

I guess we are mostly checking the turn because we cannot fold to a c/r safely with a board that draw-heavy - just perfect for semibluffs and because we probably cannot win the pot here anyway.

HU I might call the river but I guess when it's 3-way bluffs are less frequent.

jstill 11-16-2007 02:28 PM

doin anything else here would be terrible in a 3 way pot, -EV for sure on either street (betting the turn or calling the river)

even if you had a heart

Tryptamean 11-16-2007 02:34 PM

nh, really bad spot to snap off a rare bluff imo

Hi5 11-17-2007 06:33 AM

You played this hand well. You had a nice hand preflop but you met resistance from two players on a flop that didn't suit you at all, apart from the fact that your overcards might be good. Check the turn and feel good about a river fold. If it were heads up on the flop though, I'm calling this river.

inferno 11-17-2007 08:00 AM

there are definitly other turn cards that I would bet here even if it is 3handed but that 4h isnt one of them, nh

l0gician 11-17-2007 02:17 PM

Thx, I figured this was very standard and dry, just wanted to make sure. I know/think that if this was 5/10 + or so that this would be a different story. I actually feel I am learning a lot of bad habits down here in micro stakes that work down here and that you sometimes have to do but will just get me in trouble at 3/6 + or whatnot. I'm still about 25k hands away from 50k which is what I would like before I make a stats post.