Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   My noobish exercise plan. Please help fix. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554563)

Jack Bando 11-26-2007 12:59 AM

My noobish exercise plan. Please help fix.

I don't know much in terms of exercise, as what works and what doesn't. Here's my plan of what to do, please show me what's wrong with it/what's missing.

Daily/every other day plan (Which one-every day or every other?)

Pushups
Dumbell Curls
Dumbell Hammer Curls
Dumbell lifts (arm straight down->arm straight forward)
Crunches
Squats

What's wrong with this? I don't know much about this stuff and would like help. Thanks

cbloom 11-26-2007 01:02 AM

Re: My noobish exercise plan. Please help fix.

Read the FAQ. Do SS.

kcbadbeat 11-26-2007 02:08 AM

I would at least throw some tricep extensions, some shoulder exercieses and lunges in there as well. Then adjust weight based on if you are looking to increase mass (More weight, less reps) or tone (Less weight more reps). Upper body one day, lower the next, rest or light cardio on the third day. Thats pretty basic, but starting out, thats how you want to keep it for couple of weeks.

SmileyEH 11-26-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would at least throw some tricep extensions, some shoulder exercieses and lunges in there as well. Then adjust weight based on if you are looking to increase mass (More weight, less reps) or tone (Less weight more reps). Upper body one day, lower the next, rest or light cardio on the third day. Thats pretty basic, but starting out, thats how you want to keep it for couple of weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing more to add.

Wolfram 11-26-2007 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing more to add.

[/ QUOTE ]
Leveling?

Thremp 11-26-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing more to add.

[/ QUOTE ]
Leveling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh. He quoted the wrong post. Sick jopke.

theblackkeys 11-26-2007 07:28 PM

jack,
do you have access to a gym? If so, do Starting strength or 5x5.