Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Improved draw on turn in big pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=493192)

gameoverjc 09-04-2007 06:21 AM

Improved draw on turn in big pot

12-24. Half the people sitting in on labor day cannot spell poker. Lot of middle pairs are being shown down and scooping. Rarely any solid hands have been shown down.

UTG+1 is a young fellow wearing a tight shirt and pretty cocky who raised preflop 10-8 o/s and bet all the way to chop a fullhouse board.

PREFLOP:
UTG+1 limps, MP2 limps, hijack limps, cutoff (posted) checks, I raise otb K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], sb folds, bb calls, UTG+1 3 bets, MP2 calls, hijack calls, cutoff calls, I cap, all call.

FLOP:
10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

bb checks, UTG+1 bets, MP2 folds, hijack calls, cutoff calls, I raise, bb calls, UTG+1 calls, hijack calls, cutoff calls.

TURN:
Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

checked to me, I...?

Usually I check in most pots otb with overcards + fd when I get the free card on the turn. Anyone check this turn? If no queen is it an easier check?

edited.

Howard Beale 09-04-2007 06:29 AM

Re: Improved draw on turn in big pot

I sure do. How can anybody resist?

Jeffage 09-04-2007 08:06 AM

I would check - no one is folding a pair and you have tons of outs. Plus if you check the turn someone will likely bet into you on the river and you can raise if you complete one of your draws. You are not going to win without improvement here against this many opponents - you have to produce the best hand at showdown.

Jeff

Fianchetto 09-04-2007 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check - no one is folding a pair and you have tons of outs. Plus if you check the turn someone will likely bet into you on the river and you can raise if you complete one of your draws. You are not going to win without improvement here against this many opponents - you have to produce the best hand at showdown.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly agree with Jeff here, but I will say its close. I mean if you get two callers you are fine from an equity perspective.

pohuist 09-04-2007 02:45 PM

I might bet this for value, especially if I don't think I will be c/r. Easy check w/out the queen.

ackid 09-04-2007 04:59 PM

Take the freebe.

Hass 09-04-2007 05:37 PM

I'm taking a free card. I can't stand to get c'rd here with K high and you will probably get to raise the river if you get there.

Howard Beale 09-04-2007 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm taking a free card. I can't stand to get c'rd here with K high and you will probably get to raise the river if you get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP edited his post so it looks like I said to check. I would bet this turn w/ the queen and just check the flush draw alone. By the action it doesn't seem all that likely that you'll get c/r'd and how can you be sure that someone will bet in front of you when you get there? Whatever card comes that completes your hand should be too scary for anyone to bet in front of you.