Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Eli Manning/Rex Grossman (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555873)

Tweety 11-27-2007 08:18 PM

Eli Manning/Rex Grossman

An acquaintance of mine commented that Eli Manning and Rex Grossman are about the same caliber.

Thoughts on this?

Franchise 60 11-27-2007 08:20 PM

Re: Eli Manning/Rex Grossman

he is wrong

ClarkNasty 11-27-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An acquaintance of mine commented that Eli Manning and Rex Grossman are about the same caliber.

Thoughts on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any?

If not, why make a thread on this when I suspect you know what most will say.

Nairb 11-27-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO at this in its entirety, and I am a Bears fan!!

Tyler Durden 11-27-2007 08:29 PM

He's not far off. Also, Eli is overrated.

illini43 11-27-2007 08:29 PM

These questions are very hard to answer because a lot of a QB's success is dependent on his offensive line (running game/pass protection).

Give P. Manning/Brady a crappy line and their passing stats would probably go way down. I'm not implying they would be worse than other QBs, just that having a great line helps immensely (and the fact that the Colts line is so banged up makes Manning look even better now).

On raw talent alone, I think E. Manning >> Grossman, but both of them don't seem to have that leadership characteristic. When they make mistakes, they usually have this stupid "lost" look on their faces, and they never seem to be able to motivate their huddles to get the job done consistently.

Nairb 11-27-2007 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On raw talent alone, I think E. Manning >> Grossman, but both of them don't seem to have that leadership characteristic. When they make mistakes, they usually have this stupid "lost" look on their faces, and they never seem to be able to motivate their huddles to get the job done consistently

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree with this.

Murphinator 11-27-2007 08:31 PM

If Rex wasn't so inconsistent than I'd say he's easily better. But you never know what you're gonna get with Rex, I still like Rex more though.

illini43 11-27-2007 08:37 PM

Well as a Bears fan, it is fun to see the sex cannon unload some bombs, but it is hard to deal with his fumblitis...

prohornblower 11-27-2007 08:54 PM

Peyton threw 6 INTs a few games back. Therefore, I think he's terrible.