Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   $400 NL - Bottom Set All-In on River (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547428)

AllTheCheese 11-16-2007 03:37 AM

$400 NL - Bottom Set All-In on River

Villain is 15/5/4 over 300. Sorry I don't have the hand history with me here, but I remember the hand pretty well.

$400 NL, 9 max

Villain raises to $14 from MP1.
I call in position with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and another guy calls on the button.

Pot: $45. Board: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain checks. I bet $24. BTN folds. Villain min raises to $48. I call.

Pot: $141. Board: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain bets $48 again. I call again.

Pot: $237. Board: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain bets $48 again. I shove for $245 more. Villain tanks forever and calls with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I know this seems pretty boring, but I just wanted to hear thoughts.

The Eureka Kid 11-16-2007 04:24 AM

Re: $400 NL - Bottom Set All-In on River

Looks pretty good to me. Pretty safe board to get a little deceptive on. Shoving on the river is good, AQ/KQ are the hands you are hoping to call you.

ship_it_trebek 11-16-2007 04:26 AM

Id bet more on the flop like 35-40

AllTheCheese 11-16-2007 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Id bet more on the flop like 35-40

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with building a pot with a set early, but at the same time (and I always get too meta), I never bet one pair like that on this board. Do you bet $40 with AQ/KQs/bluff here?

Also, what do you think of my value shove on the river? Thin?

AllTheCheese 11-16-2007 06:05 AM

Meh, I'm not getting what I wanted out of this thread so I'll fess up.

On the flop and turn I really had no clue what to put Villain on. I thought he might've had AQ and been PCing with his small bets. I considered also that he had a set of Kings or Queens. I was planning on flat-calling any reasonable river bet (Comments?). But when he bet $48 (only 20% of the pot) on the river, I felt like he would've had to bet more with a set on the river. I tanked and I just kept thinking to myself "no way he bets this small with a set".

So I shoved, and in reality, he snap called me with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I felt like an assh0le with FPS. Is this river shove as stupid as my results focused brain thinks it is?

SABR42 11-16-2007 09:42 AM

I like the river shove.

Hard to put him on a set with that pathetic river bet.