Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Legislation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Beat the UIGEA from the bottom up (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548984)

Tuff_Fish 11-18-2007 01:56 PM

Beat the UIGEA from the bottom up

Cross post to the software forum

xpost

Tuff

HSB 11-18-2007 02:22 PM

Re: Beat the UIGEA from the bottom up

That's really just a horrible horrible idea.

beanie 11-18-2007 02:31 PM

If you want to have a private game you can do it easily with software that exists. No one does it because it is too difficult to administer and the fact that you are running anything could open you up to perceived liability.

I am all for fighting the power but people won't leave what they are currently doing.

What I think gets lost in a lot of these arguments is that in about 3 hours I can play for 1/4 million dollars. So that is a big deterrent to starting from 0.

DeadMoneyDad 11-18-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cross post to the software forum

xpost

Tuff

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually there is considerable merit to this distributed computing and hosting idea.

Tuff I'll e-mail you with further, you may have "solved" a critical issue and significant legal problems. Plus costs a lot less than $1.2 mill to start.

I like the way you think!

D$D

daedalus 11-18-2007 03:02 PM

Great idea!

beanie 11-18-2007 03:46 PM

there is nothing stopping all of you from doing this today using free money tables.

daedalus 11-18-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is nothing stopping all of you from doing this today using free money tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

And making this an open source project (ie. sourceforge) will provide the programmers and testers we need. This could be the elegant solution we've been waiting for.

DeadMoneyDad 11-18-2007 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And making this an open source project (ie. sourceforge) will provide the programmers and testers we need. This could be the elegant solution we've been waiting for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playchip wise it flys.

Getting a workable secure legal payment method is still a problem. As is hosting, how do you pay for the servers?

D$D

TheCutter 11-18-2007 06:02 PM

But playability, have you ever tried going through 7 different lobbies at a time, looking for the game you need, only to find empty tables? You need it centralized. At least make all the servers report to a central lobby... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Skallagrim 11-18-2007 06:12 PM

Tech and money stuff is for other folks who know it far better than me.

Legally, this idea would work in many states, but not necessarily all. In about 20 or so there would still be open legal issues. For example, in at least 3 states (WA, LA and IL) players would be in clear violation of state law, if that state law is constitutional under the commerce clause.

Tuff, sometime before the Thanksgiving weekend is over I will send you a comprehensive list of the states and their individual issues so you will have a reference for your ideas.

Id send it sooner but the day job comes first.

Keep the ideas coming!

Skallagrim