Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Fun Hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547239)

Frond 11-15-2007 10:37 PM

Fun Hand

4/8 live from last night.

No reads on opponent yet so let's call him an unknown. Fairly early in at the table.

5 Limpers to Hero on the Button with black QQ, Hero raises, SB folds, everyone else calls. 7 ways to da frop.

(13 SBs) Flop comes off A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Checked to CO who bets, Hero Raises, everyone folds to CO who 3 bets, Hero 4 bets(no cap HU now), CO 5 bets,

Just call the 5 or put in any more bets here?

One Outer 11-15-2007 10:49 PM

Re: Fun Hand

I put in one more bet because if I just call the 17 of unicorns hits the turn and he checks his king high flush draw to me and I can't raise him.

Aces McGee 11-15-2007 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I put in one more bet because if I just call the 17 of unicorns hits the turn and he checks his king high flush draw to me and I can't raise him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't really think an unknown $4/$8 live player is five-betting KcXc here against a preflop raiser, do you?

-McGee

One Outer 11-15-2007 11:01 PM

Is he asian? I'm just on life tilt. I don't really think that.

Fine, my serious response is raise one more time and then go into calldown mode barring a board pair. This hand is at the tippy top of our range.

Harv72b 11-16-2007 01:53 AM

Call the 5 & call down unless you draw out on his straight. Call down because we hope he's just an idiot with AQ/AJ/JJ every so often.

brick 11-16-2007 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call the 5 & call down unless you draw out on his straight. Call down because we hope he's just an idiot with AQ/AJ/JJ every so often.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, because it will still take 2 BB to get to showdown. those 2 bets would be going in really bad if you raise the flop again

leo doc 11-16-2007 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't really think an unknown $4/$8 live player is five-betting KcXc here against a preflop raiser, do you?

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]
Not unless X=T, especially Tc.

earlytimes1 11-16-2007 12:24 PM

without a read the CO is aggressive this action is KT like always.

fishyak 11-16-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
without a read the CO is aggressive this action is KT like always.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even at Commerce, this is KT "like always."

gobbledygeek 11-16-2007 12:52 PM

At my usual 2/4 live table (4bet cap, unless HU where unlimited) there are very few villains who would 5bet without the nuts. I just call down UI.

GcluelessnoobG