Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ** NBA Conference Finals ** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=120373)

Ryan Beal 05-23-2006 11:17 AM

** NBA Conference Finals **

EAST: (1) Detroit Pistons* vs. (2) Miami Heat
Winner: Miami Heat (4-2)

Detroit went 3-1 against the Heat in the regular season. In those games, Miami made 66% of their free throws and 12 of 52 three attempts. Detroit shot 78% from the foul line and averaged 95.3 PPG.

WEST: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (4) Dallas Mavericks*
Winner: Dallas Mavericks (4-2)

These teams split their four regular season games. This looks to be a high scoring series, as both teams averaged over 100 PPG in the season series. The Suns averaged 10+ more assists than Dallas in those games.

I like Dallas in five and the Pistons in seven.

[i]* = home court advantage[i]

Hornacek 05-23-2006 11:24 AM

Re: ** NBA Conference Finals **

New001 05-23-2006 11:27 AM

Pistons and Mavericks in 6.

Gunny Highway 05-23-2006 11:29 AM

Heat in 7. Mavs in 5.

Hack 05-23-2006 11:32 AM

I like the Heat in 7 and Dallas in 6.

NeedsMoreNuts 05-23-2006 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Heat in 7. Mavs in 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hornacek 05-23-2006 11:38 AM

Frankly I'm surprised by the Heat love. Is this a sexy underdog pick, or are people jumping onto the bandwagon that quickly? The Heat just don't match up well with the Pistons, period. They (and Shaq) have a pretty poor record the last few years vs the 'Stones.

holeplug 05-23-2006 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly I'm surprised by the Heat love. Is this a sexy underdog pick, or are people jumping onto the bandwagon that quickly? The Heat just don't match up well with the Pistons, period. They (and Shaq) have a pretty poor record the last few years vs the 'Stones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like their roster as much this year but both Shaq and Wade are healthy. Last year Shaq was playing on 1 leg and Wade got hurt in game 5 and Miami still almost won the series.

Hornacek 05-23-2006 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like their roster as much this year but both Shaq and Wade are healthy. Last year Shaq was playing on 1 leg and Wade got hurt in game 5 and Miami still almost won the series.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year the Heat were also a better team IMO. They lost a lot when Eddie and Damon Jones left the team.

Bulldog 05-23-2006 11:48 AM

There is no way Detroit wins a Game Six in Miami. No matter what else you believe, you can't really believe that. I'd buy Detroit in five over Detroit in six, and I think Miami is going to win it.