Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   AK preflop vs. midstacks (NL50) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511448)

CalledDownLight 09-28-2007 05:18 PM

AK preflop vs. midstacks (NL50)

I have no reads here and was a little uncertain of the best way to proceed. Table was breaking up a little bit and some people adjust to this quickly (like myself) and others don't change a thing. Thats also something to consider here imo.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($50.60)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($53)</font>
BB ($63.35)
UTG ($46.85)
MP ($21)
<font color="#C00000">CO ($22.30)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero wonders if its best to fold or 4bet and call a shove

AlexB182 09-28-2007 05:22 PM

Re: AK preflop vs. midstacks (NL50)

Against those medium stacks, I normally 4 bet and call a shove, only thing that strikes me here is this strange three bet size by CO. Maybe I become scared cause I run like crap for a whole week now, but in my experience those raising sizes mean AA or KK pretty often.

Mike Kelley 09-28-2007 05:23 PM

4bet it and call the shove I guess. Make a note for whatever he minraised.

GiantBuddha 09-28-2007 05:23 PM

If you're going to 4-bet/call, why not just shove yourself? They're both around 40some BBs. I wouldn't worry too much about whether they're adjusting or not. You'll just level yourself that way. Reads would help a lot here.

CO isn't folding, though, as his stack is written in red. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GiantBuddha 09-28-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I become scared cause I run like crap for a whole week now, but in my experience those raising sizes mean AA or KK pretty often.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're running good it means like QJs.

CalledDownLight 09-28-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to 4-bet/call, why not just shove yourself? They're both around 40some BBs. I wouldn't worry too much about whether they're adjusting or not. You'll just level yourself that way. Reads would help a lot here.

CO isn't folding, though, as his stack is written in red. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

only reason not to shove is in case BB wakes up with a monster. I want to be able to get away from my hand if he shoves.

Mike Kelley 09-28-2007 05:26 PM

You paint yourself into a corner pretty tightly if you just shove and BB RR's AI.

AlexB182 09-28-2007 05:27 PM

LOL, Buddha! Yeah, maybe. I'll find out next month when I play again...

GiantBuddha 09-28-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
only reason not to shove is in case BB wakes up with a monster. I want to be able to get away from my hand if he shoves.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point that I didn't think of. I wonder if it's statistically significant enough to be relevant, though. Like, the number of times BB has AA or KK (about 1 in 220) cost you about $.12 of expectation, which you probably make up in additional fold equity from MP and CO, no? Did I jack the math up?

CalledDownLight 09-28-2007 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point that I didn't think of. I wonder if it's statistically significant enough to be relevant, though. Like, the number of times BB has AA or KK (about 1 in 220) cost you about $.12 of expectation, which you probably make up in additional fold equity from MP and CO, no? Did I jack the math up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, he has KK or AA almost never, but I don't think my FE changes with any 3bet I make really. They're either folding or getting it in preflop.