Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Men: Would you have issues dating someone 10 years older? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508343)

otnemem 09-24-2007 03:06 PM

Men: Would you have issues dating someone 10 years older?

This is different for women, so I specifically geared this toward men. I'm 26, and I've recently met someone who's 35. We get along so well, and she's so youthful (I thought she was 27), that the age gap is not an issue at all. Of course I think about things that might take their toll down the road - like priorities when it comes to children, and just the concept of her turning 40 when I'm only 31 (seems more notable than 35 and 26 for some reason). But outside of these logistic considerations, I don't even notice nor give a [censored] about the age difference. I wonder if other guys my age have been in this situation, or would have a problem being in this situation...

Dids 09-24-2007 03:08 PM

Re: Men: Would you have issues dating someone 10 years older?

Not that I should be picky, but yes. I can't imagine being happy dating anybod more than about 3 years older than me. This is because I'm 31 and clinging onto my youth pathetically.

XXXNoahXXX 09-24-2007 03:10 PM

I'd be fine with it, but probably wouldn't work out long term. Ticking biological clock, etc.

Matt Williams 09-24-2007 03:14 PM

I would, but only because I'll be 32 in 2 weeks and most women don't have kids after 40. But if I was a single father w/ kids already, I wouldn't care.

Alobar 09-24-2007 03:19 PM

screw that, thats just 10 years of her being fuckable with the lights on that I miss out on by not dating someone my own age.

MatthewRyan 09-24-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
screw that, thats just 10 years of her being fuckable with the lights on that I miss out on by not dating someone my own age.

[/ QUOTE ]

end thread

Georgia Avenue 09-24-2007 03:28 PM

Um, I don't want kids, so I wouldnt care.

You guys are pretty hardcore thinking about having kids and spending 10+ years with a woman as soon as you start dating her. Why not just see what happens?

stormstarter28 09-24-2007 03:32 PM

gross

KotOD 09-24-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You guys are pretty hardcore thinking about having kids and spending 10+ years with a woman as soon as you start dating her. Why not just see what happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's OOT.

Anacardo 09-24-2007 03:37 PM

I would date a thirtysomething woman but would not want to get particularly serious about it.

Case Closed 09-24-2007 03:39 PM

I would date someone ten years older, but I am sure it would not work out. I am 21 btw.

Matt Williams 09-24-2007 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm almost 32. Mentally I am starting to get ready to settle down. I'm pretty sure my next g/f of 6+ months will end up being my wife. So I wouldn't even consider dating a woman 10 years older because I'm not interested in playing games anymore. And let's face it, if you date someone for a year and still not sure if you are marrying her, you are just playing games and wasting time. It's fine when you are 20-30, but every woman's biological clock stops ticking at some point.

Georgia Avenue 09-24-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let's face it, if you date someone for a year and still not sure if you are marrying her, you are just playing games and wasting time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you're saying, but I'm really against this idea and wish everyone would cut it out.

Time cannot be wasted, it is of no value.

--SoGArates

GreywolfNYC 09-24-2007 03:54 PM

If you're in your mid 20s and she's in her mid 30s, its hot.

If you're in your mid 30s and she's in her mid 40s, its still hot.

If you're in your mid 40s and she's in her mid 50s, its....well, not so hot.

Suiteness 09-24-2007 03:59 PM

You're not going to end up married with kids to every single woman you date. For all you know you'll be fed up with her after two weeks. Take it one day at a time and see where it takes you.

miajag 09-24-2007 04:01 PM

I cannot imagine dating a 36yo woman. 28 is honestly pushing it.

Aces McGee 09-24-2007 04:02 PM

I don't think I'd have a problem with it (I'm about to turn 27 myself).

If I had just split up with my fiancee, however, I might be a bit reticent to get involved with a woman who is likely to want to settle down quickly, which I think is more true of women who are ~35 than those who are ~27.

-McGee

diddyeinstein 09-24-2007 04:16 PM

Yes. I'm 25, so I just imagine that someone 35 would be going through much different things. Additionally, if she has kids then I'm like "Ewww kids, gross" and if she doesn't then she probably wants them .. and I'm just not there yet.

stormstarter28 09-24-2007 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm almost 32. Mentally I am starting to get ready to settle down. I'm pretty sure my next g/f of 6+ months will end up being my wife . So I wouldn't even consider dating a woman 10 years older because I'm not interested in playing games anymore. And let's face it, if you date someone for a year and still not sure if you are marrying her, you are just playing games and wasting time. It's fine when you are 20-30, but every woman's biological clock stops ticking at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how you're "choosing" your wife? The next girl worth 6 months is good for a lifetime because you decided it's time? That sounds really weird to me.

Matt Williams 09-24-2007 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm almost 32. Mentally I am starting to get ready to settle down. I'm pretty sure my next g/f of 6+ months will end up being my wife . So I wouldn't even consider dating a woman 10 years older because I'm not interested in playing games anymore. And let's face it, if you date someone for a year and still not sure if you are marrying her, you are just playing games and wasting time. It's fine when you are 20-30, but every woman's biological clock stops ticking at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how you're "choosing" your wife? The next girl worth 6 months is good for a lifetime because you decided it's time? That sounds really weird to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to explain on the internet. I could explain it better in person. But basically, I would know within several months if my g/f was right for me. I'm at the point where I know what I'm looking for. Basically, I wouldn't just be banging a girl for a few months just because I could. It's hard to explain what I mean.

solids 09-24-2007 04:34 PM

A decade is just too big of a generational gap, IMHO. Let's face it -- in most cases, you have much different priorities, values, and goals in your 20's than you do in your 30's. It would just seem too awkward for me. I could certainly date a girl in her mid-30's, but not seriously.

I also find it really odd when a girl has age issues when she is only a year or two older than you.

keepitreal 09-24-2007 04:34 PM

op, are there cougar bars in hoboken i should be frequenting?

but i dont think its that bad so long as ur on the same levels of maturity/etc.

if i were dating a 34 year old (im 24 because 34-10 is 24) she'd have to be pretty immature and still wanting to be in college just like me. but one of my friends is 25 going on 45 so him dating an older chick would be totally cool.

but when im 34, i plan to be dating a 24 year old (or at least emma watson)...so yea...go for it.

nath 09-24-2007 04:35 PM

No.

Everyone saying yes is being ridiculous in some way.

newb 09-24-2007 04:38 PM

I met my wife when I was 23 and she was 33, after 3 years we are still together. Although I thought it was hotter dating 23/33 then 26/36, it seems to be working out.

I wouldn´t exclude someone on the basis of their age, and if it doesn´t work out you just leave.

tuq 09-24-2007 04:40 PM

Haven't you life noobs ever seen The Graduate? Or seen a cougar that you'd love to pound?

The older broads get the more they enjoy sex, the more grateful they are for the attention, and the more generally mature they are, and they know what they want. Hells yeah I would date a 44 year old if the circumstances were right.

popeye18 09-24-2007 04:41 PM

My friend just met a 29 year old with 2 kids. Hes 22. I told him to run away as fast as he can but i dunno if hes listening.

Shadowrun 09-24-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
let's face it, if you date someone for a year and still not sure if you are marrying her, you are just playing games and wasting time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you're saying, but I'm really against this idea and wish everyone would cut it out.

Time cannot be wasted, it is of no value.

--SoGArates

[/ QUOTE ]

You seriously dont value time?

keepitreal 09-24-2007 04:45 PM

older women are totally hot. walking down the street i always seem to find the older ones (normally pushing a stroller) way hotter than girls my age.

or at a wedding, the slightly more mature but still looking amazing do it for me. i guess cuz i look at another 24 year old and sort of assume they won't look good in 10 years so when u know somebody didnt put on 20 pounds and get all old looking, its a good thing.

Suiteness 09-24-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No.

Everyone saying yes is being ridiculous in some way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you're looking at this the wrong way. Let's try another angle:

10 years or older pussy or masturbating?

Since when is dating automatically = getting married and pumping out kids? What's wrong with simply having a healthy sexual relationship with another adult?

FireStorm 09-24-2007 04:55 PM

I was 19 and lucky enough to help out a 33 y.o woman co-worker whom I helped in a legal situation. Great times all around. However, to be honest, we weren't "dating" per se. I wouldn't get serious with someone considerably older then me.

KotOD 09-24-2007 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is different for women, so I specifically geared this toward men. I'm 26, and I've recently met someone who's 35. We get along so well, and she's so youthful (I thought she was 27), that the age gap is not an issue at all. Of course I think about things that might take their toll down the road - like priorities when it comes to children, and just the concept of her turning 40 when I'm only 31 (seems more notable than 35 and 26 for some reason). But outside of these logistic considerations, I don't even notice nor give a [censored] about the age difference. I wonder if other guys my age have been in this situation, or would have a problem being in this situation...

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a doubt, and anyone that is saying no has some growing up to do. Older women are still crazy, but they are no longer insanely catty and hung up on themselves. They're easier to talk to and they don't have to put on airs - they know who they are and what they want. They are also so much more physical and sexual.

You don't have to marry her if you date her and if you do date and end up in a srs biz relationship, that's also good. As to the "ew gross" crowd, please stay out of the cougar pool.

MVPaul 09-24-2007 05:04 PM

If she was loaded and a 6 or better, yes.

stabn 09-24-2007 05:10 PM

For a couple of weeks it seems fine.

FireStorm 09-24-2007 05:10 PM

I agree with everything KotOD said other then the "more physical and sexual" comment. This has to be a joke or some kind of sick level, no?

Meech 09-24-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No.

Everyone saying yes has yet to see a naked woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Georgia Avenue 09-24-2007 05:17 PM

Suite: Nath is agreeing with us, I think.

Kotd: Very nice.

Firestorm: You are silly. Women peak sexually at like 40. Women in their 30s know what they want and aren't are crazy and full of hangups and bs.

Shadow: Nope. Time cannot be wasted if you're living each moment like it's your last. It's all just standing in a line waiting for your check to clear anyway.

All: Would anyone make these kind of compatability comments about me dating a 20 year old? Cuz I'd like to. I'd date any woman of legal age who I was genuinely attracted to and liked.

--GA

tuq 09-24-2007 05:23 PM

GA (whoa that's pronounced "gay", I never noticed that, don't worry I'm pretty sure you're not),

I agree, but I suspect that some of the people in this thread are like 22 years old and ZOMG AT SOME 40 YEAR OLD, SAGGING BOOBIES, CELLULITE AND STRETCH MARX DO NOT WANT.

The gym I belong to is overrun by MILFs, almost all in their mid-30s and older. Oh lawdy there are so many I'd love to bone. There's actually a group of swingers in the neighborhood and a lot of them are members in my gym. I'd like to sign up knowing some of the participants, but I'm not sure they'd accept my hand as a partner.

Mendacious 09-24-2007 05:29 PM

Met my wife when I was 29 and she was 36. I am now 42 and she is 49 and we are still married and she is still very attractive to me...even though most 49 year olds are "not so much". Works for us, but it wouldn't have been my first choice.

otnemem 09-24-2007 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I'd have a problem with it (I'm about to turn 27 myself).

If I had just split up with my fiancee, however, I might be a bit reticent to get involved with a woman who is likely to want to settle down quickly, which I think is more true of women who are ~35 than those who are ~27.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]
Man, people remember everything here...

The reason I split with my fiancee had at least something to do with this new woman. I know it's easy to become infatuated with someone who represents certain qualities you feel are missing, but that's not the case here.

Also, she's not looking to settle down or anything. She's a really independent person, and if things go a certain way, they go a certain way, but she's not trying to push it any direction.

The bottom line is that the way I feel about her I've never felt about anyone before. I feel like it's really stupid to use her age against her in order to convince myself it's not a good relationship to get into.

Also, as far as signs of her age - there are none. She's tight and fit, physically my ideal woman.

Dudd 09-24-2007 05:33 PM

To all those saying yes:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1...cklear2dv8.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8...024x768ls3.jpg

Hell, I'd rather do the mom than the daughter, and it isn't even close.