Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ******** November Omaha Low Content Thread ******** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535962)

pete fabrizio 11-01-2007 07:16 PM

Re: ******** November Omaha Low Content Thread ********

[ QUOTE ]
what possible futures do you envision that involve you a) finishing law school and b) being a happy balanced human being?

[/ QUOTE ]

I envision no future as a happy balanced human being that involve me using a law degree for any professional purpose. My main motivation to finish law school at the moment is to get my family/friends/girlfriend off my back about finishing law school. Even if I did graduate, I'd rather die than be a lawyer.

cmyr 11-01-2007 07:27 PM

egggzactly.

sc000t 11-01-2007 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This shouldn't even be a question, finish law school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you captain obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Die. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Elrazor 11-01-2007 09:09 PM

Law degrees dont mean much when you are dead, do now whatever makes you happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JanelleBB7 11-01-2007 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3) Figure out how to tell girlfriend that I'm not going back to law school.

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Pete - Just be sincere.

My guess is she is going to think you should finish law school. (I do too). I have to tell you I'm very happy I finished my education and found meaningful employment.

But to each his own.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes everyone thinks I should finish law school, but I just don't think I have it in me. And I understand the desire for gainful employment -- it's what killed my previous incarnation as a dedicated poker player and drove me into law school in the first place. So I'm thinking I'll teach high school english between sessions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete, if she loves you she will support you in what you want for your future. Just be open with her about your feelings. She may not like it but no one wants the one they love miserable. It sounds like you have no desire to be a lawyer. Ultimately you need to do what makes YOU happy not what makes others happy.

There is nothing wrong with teaching. You have great hours and it is emotionally rewarding. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

thisnamedoesntfi 11-01-2007 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3) Figure out how to tell girlfriend that I'm not going back to law school.

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Pete - Just be sincere.

My guess is she is going to think you should finish law school. (I do too). I have to tell you I'm very happy I finished my education and found meaningful employment.

But to each his own.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes everyone thinks I should finish law school, but I just don't think I have it in me. And I understand the desire for gainful employment -- it's what killed my previous incarnation as a dedicated poker player and drove me into law school in the first place. So I'm thinking I'll teach high school english between sessions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete, if she loves you she will support you in what you want for your future. Just be open with her about your feelings. She may not like it but no one wants the one they love miserable. It sounds like you have no desire to be a lawyer. Ultimately you need to do what makes YOU happy not what makes others happy.

There is nothing wrong with teaching. You have great hours and it is emotionally rewarding. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention all the cute high school girls you can hook up with after your girlfriend dumps you. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] did I just type that or is it safely locked in my dirty mind?

Troll_Inc 11-02-2007 12:31 AM

October first. Got back to seriously playing the game, play 7.5k hands mostly from 25c through $1.

More importantly accomplished goal of reducing (mediocre) hands played. Historically I have been VPIP 40+. In October, I got it down to 30/12/2.

November goals:
Get feel of game back. I find the biggest problem not playing much is getting the proportions right. How often someone playing "X" number of hands should be hitting 'y' flops, etc.

And getting rid of snap calls and check-raise re-raises when it ends up (with not too much thought) that my opponent's hand range is quite different than I initially thought. Conversely, when I have my opponent read or I can't get away from the hand, I'd like to get really lucky in November and run supra-Sklansky $$$ EV positive.

sgt_Ryer 11-02-2007 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

ce'st tout, pour la temps.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'est tout pour le moment/ pour l'instant [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

1st) learn more on two plus two forum
2nd) less tilt
3rd) play tighter
4th) find another hobbie than poker
5) find a girlfriend.

moon_ake 11-02-2007 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ce'st tout, pour la temps.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'est tout pour le moment/ pour l'instant [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

1st) learn more on two plus two forum
5) find a girlfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

does not compute/ça colle pas!

cmyr 11-02-2007 12:11 PM

Which reminds me I should be seriously looking into working on my french, it's kind of embarrassing being an anglophone in a predominantly french city.