Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25nl: A little lost with JJ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398019)

Dunkman 05-08-2007 02:41 AM

25nl: A little lost with JJ

So here's a bit about me. Up until the UIGEA I was playing 50nl and had recently moved to 100nl. Long story short, I lost quite a bit to neteller, and pulled the rest save $800 which I left in stars, and didn't play much save the occasional tourney. A couple weeks ago I started back playing 25 nl, and was up about 8 buyins until the last 2 days, which I've dropped 5. Maybe it's variance, but I also think I'm not playing well, so time to post some hands.

Not much of a read, had about 20 hands on villain, he was 20/15/6...seemed solid but I just hadn't seen much from him. I have always disliked JJ anyway, and I'm really torn as to how to play this.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $54
BB: $10.25
UTG: $25.20
MP: $11.95
CO: $25
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $24.65</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $3</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $2

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4</font>, Hero ???

Entropy4 05-08-2007 02:54 AM

Re: 25nl: A little lost with JJ

Tough spot... Given his stats and stack sizes, I'd shove. If he calls you're going to be a coin-flip at best and drawing to 2 outs at worst. I just see this villain betting with anything here.

Interested to hear some other opinions on this one.

TheDivineRod 05-08-2007 02:55 AM

raise to about 14-18, he may be doing this with Ax with a ace of club. If he comes over the top its a judgement call, prob a Slightly ahead, way behind situation.

creamfillin 05-08-2007 03:00 AM

I'd call this and reeval.. You are likely behind at this point, QQ+, AK with a club is a small favorite against you. His 3-betting range may be a bit wider from the the sb, so let's see what he does on the turn.

Entropy4 05-08-2007 03:04 AM

I disagree, given your stack size you either shove or fold flop. Without fold equity your hand has little value here.

TheDivineRod 05-08-2007 03:05 AM

ah duh didnt see his stack size. I think this is probably a fold.

Dunkman 05-08-2007 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ah duh didnt see his stack size. I think this is probably a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would definitely agree if I was in earlier position, but you don't think me opening on the button loosens his range past QQ+ and AK? I'm honestly asking, I'm really not used to how these games play yet.

Unknown Soldier 05-08-2007 03:19 AM

call, fold to further aggression is standard line. You didn't call JJ pf for set value only, you hit your undercard flop, plus added flush draw. No point in raising and turning your hand into a bluff (against QQ+). If you fold now you might aswell have folded pf

bozzer 05-08-2007 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call, fold to further aggression is standard line. You didn't call JJ pf for set value only, you hit your undercard flop, plus added flush draw. No point in raising and turning your hand into a bluff (against QQ+). If you fold now you might aswell have folded pf

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

munkey 05-08-2007 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unknown soldier completes this thread [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
[ I undestand the irony in replying]