Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Thank you andyfox thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=175067)

ElliotR 07-31-2006 09:48 AM

Thank you andyfox thread

At his own request, anydfox is no longer a mod of this forum. While he was a mod, I -- and I am sure many others -- very much appreciated his understated yet very effective style. Most significantly for a politics forum, no fair minded person could ever have gotten the impression that any of andy's mod decisions were influenced by his own ideology or political beliefs.

On a personal note, whenever I communicated with andy privately about the forum he was always willing to listen and I had confidence he understood my point even when we disagreed.

Thank you very much, andy. You will be missed.

iron81 07-31-2006 10:03 AM

Re: Thank you andyfox thread

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you very much, andy. You will be missed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seconded. I liked having Andy around too.

vulturesrow 07-31-2006 10:10 AM

Yeah its too bad but I can see why he would want to. The only bone I have to pick with Andy is that he kept dodging me last time I was in LA, but I cant say that I really blame him. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (actually I had to work late the whole time I was out there but its more fun to blame it on him.)

kickabuck 07-31-2006 10:51 AM

Thank you Andy, your fair and thoughtful efforts were very much appreciated and facilitated many a robust conversation, this forum did quite well with you at the helm.

DVaut1 07-31-2006 11:03 AM

So I'm out of town (i.e., not accessing the internet much) but I had no idea andy gave up his modship over the Politics Forum.

Anyway, thanks andy.

jman220 07-31-2006 11:09 AM

We disagreed often, but I would also like to thank andyfox for volunteering his time.

2/325Falcon 07-31-2006 11:17 AM

Andyfox was way, way nicer and more laid back as a moderator than I would have been. Sometimes I was shocked at the amount of crap he put up with. Thanks Andy.

Clarkmeister 07-31-2006 11:25 AM

I'm guessing this has to do with Cyrus, and if so I applaud Andy on his choice.

FlFishOn 07-31-2006 11:39 AM

No more ideological litmus test to pass. Good riddance.

BluffTHIS! 07-31-2006 11:45 AM

Fish: You are off base by a mile. Despite being liberal and having views on most issues opposite those of my own, andy was always fair and evenhanded, and any assertions to the contrary cannot be backed up. Your own use of wrong methods of debate is the only thing that ever brought his censure upon you.

Clark: andy's decision was made pre-Cyrus ban, but it took a little while for his name to be removed below as a mod of this forum. That's not to say the issue re Cyrus didn't have someting to do with it though I don't know one way or the other.