Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Special Olympians pwned me (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=246941)

damaniac 10-28-2006 09:07 AM

Special Olympians pwned me

My sister held a fundraiser for the Special Olympics as a class project (she's some sort of Rec major at Central Michigan), so my gf and I thought we'd help out and attend. It was a disc golf competition (for those that don't know, you basically throw a frisbee-like thing with the goal of getting it into a basket at the end, people have whole sets of different discs: drivers, mid-range discs, and putters).

We lost by 22 shots. And by lost, I mean the next-closest team was 22 shots ahead. We were 30 over par. The teams ahead of us included 2 teams of Special Olympians (I think, I'm not 100% sure their scores were included. I hope not for my own sake.).

My official excuse is that we had to use putters since that's what they had for us to borrow. Although if I had had a driver, it would have just been a longer walk into the woods to find it.

Brag: We won 4 raffle prizes after, including two discs (drivers), so we can one day achieve the goal of not humiliating ourselves.

AlwaysAir 10-28-2006 09:18 AM

Re: Special Olympians pwned me

lol

knockonwood 10-28-2006 09:24 AM

Let me guess? You had a golf handicap of 12?

damaniac 10-28-2006 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I golfed, it would be maxed out. Actually I had this discussion last night with the gf, and I really suck at basically every single sport. I was decent at football, in the sense that I was occassionally allowed onto the field in meaningful situations. But I suck at pretty much every other sport, which is rough because I am hyper-competitive and love sports.

It is especially funny because I run/work out quite a bit, so I appear to be athletic. When my hall put together a broomball team a few years ago, I was actively recruited on the grounds that I looked like I was a good athlete. Then when we got into some competitive games, I was asked (along with some others) not to attend those games. Oddly enough, I wasn't bad at that particular "sport". Small wonder I have no ego to speak of.

knockonwood 10-28-2006 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I golfed, it would be maxed out. Actually I had this discussion last night with the gf, and I really suck at basically every single sport. I was decent at football, in the sense that I was occassionally allowed onto the field in meaningful situations. But I suck at pretty much every other sport, which is rough because I am hyper-competitive and love sports.

It is especially funny because I run/work out quite a bit, so I appear to be athletic. When my hall put together a broomball team a few years ago, I was actively recruited on the grounds that I looked like I was a good athlete. Then when we got into some competitive games, I was asked (along with some others) not to attend those games. Oddly enough, I wasn't bad at that particular "sport". Small wonder I have no ego to speak of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Handicap as in 'disabled people'. Lots of disabled people.

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 10-28-2006 11:41 AM

swing and a miss.... =/